Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Everyone Does The Same Recovery Job..NO THEY DON'T!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I was at work yesterday and I had to recover the sheets/pillows/etc and the toys/tools/home improvement.

Well the sheets, etc are always a mess so them being atrocious is like an every day thing lol. But when I got to toys..man! Shit EVERYWHERE..like seriously. It looked like it had not been recovered in days because our toys just don't get the way they were in 1 business day. They just don't. When you work retail you can tell if an area hasn't been recovered in a  while.

Well my boss comes over, mind you she's just an assistant manager. She asked how it's going..I asked her if this area had been recovered in the last 3 days. She got really offended and told me everyone does the same recovery job EVERY DAY and everyone does an equally good job.

Like..she was super offended or something!! I'm sitting here like..there is no fucking way these toys were recovered the way they needed to be. And if recovery was so great, why did the big boss BEG me to come in Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon to do recovery??

I swear to God this bitch just had a fucking hair up her ass or something..I know those toys were not up to par. It took me 2 hours just to get them straight and I am NOT a slow worker at all. They were just THAT bad.

I really love my job but it seems like most people live in this denial where they think they do their job..when in reality I wouldn't be picking up after them the way I do most of the time if they had.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm going to go recover myself with another cup of coffee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I have worked retail for quite awhile at a toy store. I can tell you, an area can be recovered and in less than an hour look like it hasn't been touched in days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

And while I understand that we are simply not busy enough for that to happen at the store I worked at. The day before yesterday I recovered food and chemicals. I go to work and my area literally looked like it had not been shopped in all day long. It was still perfect. Yet toys were horrendous.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have worked retail for quite awhile at a toy store. I can tell you, an area can be recovered and in less than an hour look like it hasn't been touched in days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)