Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No heartbeat.. ETA.. UPDATE 2 - Ultrasound

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't know what to think.. Went in for my first OBGYN appointment yesterday and there's no heartbeat.. I'm supposed to be 13 weeks.. Does anyone know what this means? I don't want to think miscarriage. I have a ultrasound on Monday morning.. I haven't bled, I've only had slight cramping.. ETA: Thank you ladies for your responses. I'd like to just say, some of them have scared me shitless.. I am now having mild cramps in my pelvic area.. I'm trying to stay positive until Monday.. If I keep cramping I am going to the hospital.. Will update if I go. If not, I'll update on Monday after my ultrasound. Thank you. ETA2**** I had my ultrasound this morning. Baby is alive and well. I was off on my due date. I am 9 weeks tomorrow. Thank you ladies for the well wishes!!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Did they use just a doppler? Or confirm no heartbeat with an ultrasound?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM
The nurse checked first, then my OBGYN, then another OBGYN.. They didn't say anything.. I didn't know what to ask, I was in shock, really.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Maybe they just couldn't find it yet. What did the doctor say?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I'm sorry :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Don't panic! I went in at 14 weeks and they couldn't find the heart-beat in the office. They sent me for an ultrasound (because I was high risk), and his little heart was beating strong.

13 weeks is still pretty early. Are you going for an ultrasound?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Just a doppler. Their making me wait til monday for my ultrasound, and I don't understand why..

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Did they use just a doppler? Or confirm no heartbeat with an ultrasound?

armywifey26
by Krissy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM

This happened to me. The outcome was not a good one. I'm sorry, chica. I hope it goes well Monday. I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress over it. 

tinkerspell
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I wouldnt worry tell ultrasound they couldnt find my son but picked him up right.away on ultrasound
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isell_avon
by ♥Janet♥ on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I'm so sorry :( 

Same thing happened to my good friend she went in to a check up and didnt find a heart beat and she had to go for an ultrasound and they confirmed her baby passed,but she was fine she never even bled or anything.

atyou
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Best wishes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM
It took several tries to find mine at 12 weeks. I know it's hard not to worry. Hang in there and hope for the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)