Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No heartbeat.. ETA.. UPDATE 2 - Ultrasound

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't know what to think.. Went in for my first OBGYN appointment yesterday and there's no heartbeat.. I'm supposed to be 13 weeks.. Does anyone know what this means? I don't want to think miscarriage. I have a ultrasound on Monday morning.. I haven't bled, I've only had slight cramping.. ETA: Thank you ladies for your responses. I'd like to just say, some of them have scared me shitless.. I am now having mild cramps in my pelvic area.. I'm trying to stay positive until Monday.. If I keep cramping I am going to the hospital.. Will update if I go. If not, I'll update on Monday after my ultrasound. Thank you. ETA2**** I had my ultrasound this morning. Baby is alive and well. I was off on my due date. I am 9 weeks tomorrow. Thank you ladies for the well wishes!!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Replies (21-30):
TarantulaTress
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM
My OB couldn't find a heartbeat at 12 weeks for my last DS so he did an ultrasound and there DS was, moving all around. I wouldn't worry until you're given a reason to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooreMom523
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you are dealing with this stress. Hopefully the ultrasound will provide some answers.

crazysheep
You need to wait for the ultrasound. I know its nerve raking, but you must wait for it before you worry.

I hope everything turns out okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM
They are making you wait because they aren't paniking. This isn't a rare occurance for them to not find a heartbeat at 13 weeks using a doppler.

Are you overweight by any chance?

I know it's difficult, but try to stay calm.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just a doppler. Their making me wait til monday for my ultrasound, and I don't understand why..

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Did they use just a doppler? Or confirm no heartbeat with an ultrasound?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I'm trying not to worry..it's hard tho, wanting answers and having to wait 4 days to get em.

Quoting AnjalisMommy07:

I'm so sorry. Try not to worry until your next appointment.

evanne337
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Hugs. Try not to stress too much maybe the baby was in a funny position
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I'm really sorry. I went through that earlier this year. Edit- try not to panic until you have an ultrasound done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM

why Monday?! your doctor should of got you a ultrasound right away. I am sorry but no heartbeat well.. you know where I am going with this.im sorry

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Doppler isn't very reliable early in pregnancy. It sucks you have to wait for an ultrasound though. When that happened to me (multiple times, i have stubborn babies lol) they always gave me a quick ultrasound before i even left to ease my mind

Quoting Anonymous:

Just a doppler. Their making me wait til monday for my ultrasound, and I don't understand why..

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Did they use just a doppler? Or confirm no heartbeat with an ultrasound?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Trying not to panic..

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I went to the doc when I was preg and the doc could not find a heartbeat either...Well it was b/c I was preg with twins so they weren't where the were suppose to be...don't panic yet momma...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)