Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No heartbeat.. ETA.. UPDATE 2 - Ultrasound

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't know what to think.. Went in for my first OBGYN appointment yesterday and there's no heartbeat.. I'm supposed to be 13 weeks.. Does anyone know what this means? I don't want to think miscarriage. I have a ultrasound on Monday morning.. I haven't bled, I've only had slight cramping.. ETA: Thank you ladies for your responses. I'd like to just say, some of them have scared me shitless.. I am now having mild cramps in my pelvic area.. I'm trying to stay positive until Monday.. If I keep cramping I am going to the hospital.. Will update if I go. If not, I'll update on Monday after my ultrasound. Thank you. ETA2**** I had my ultrasound this morning. Baby is alive and well. I was off on my due date. I am 9 weeks tomorrow. Thank you ladies for the well wishes!!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Replies (31-40):
blakesmommy531
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM
13 weeks is still early with a doppler. I hate they are making you wait for an ultrasound! At 12 weeks my baby had no heartbeat, confirmed by two ultrasounds & he had passed. I had also started bleeding. Stay positive!! Good luck on Monday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiboo_17
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Slight cramping is normal.  Also to not hear the heart week before 15 weeks is average too.  WIth my third I didn't hear anything until 19 weeks!  Don't get yourself worked up you're probably A-OK!

Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM
With one of mine we didnt get a heartbeat with a doppler until 16 weeks. And it was faint then. It always made my heart race :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM
This was the first time, yes. They tried 3 different times. I was sick for 12 days straight, couldn't eat, couldn't drink.. It was terrible.. Now I've been throwing up again after 3 weeks of not getting sick.

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

I'm sorry. :(

I hope everything is ok. Was this the first time they tried to find it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
You are going to worry and want answers right now, for the rest of your life! It's part of being a mom.

I'll pray for you and your little one. I remember how difficult it was. It isn't easy to relax, but it's best for you and your baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm trying not to worry..it's hard tho, wanting answers and having to wait 4 days to get em.

Quoting AnjalisMommy07:

I'm so sorry. Try not to worry until your next appointment.

anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I go in for a ultrasound Monday morning at 9. I was at the doctor from 2 to 6 yesterday.. Then the ultrasound tech was gone. But what I don't understand is why they didn't send me Labor and Delivery for an ultrasound then and there...

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't panic! I went in at 14 weeks and they couldn't find the heart-beat in the office. They sent me for an ultrasound (because I was high risk), and his little heart was beating strong.

13 weeks is still pretty early. Are you going for an ultrasound?

wilesmomma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM
I was 149 when I got pregnant, as of yesterday I weigh 137.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are making you wait because they aren't paniking. This isn't a rare occurance for them to not find a heartbeat at 13 weeks using a doppler.

Are you overweight by any chance?

I know it's difficult, but try to stay calm.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just a doppler. Their making me wait til monday for my ultrasound, and I don't understand why..

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Did they use just a doppler? Or confirm no heartbeat with an ultrasound?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I was crying and all, and they didn't even offer one.. I have 2 daughters.. I've never had a weird pregnancy. First DD heard her heart beat at 8 weeks, second DD at 10 weeks..

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Doppler isn't very reliable early in pregnancy. It sucks you have to wait for an ultrasound though. When that happened to me (multiple times, i have stubborn babies lol) they always gave me a quick ultrasound before i even left to ease my mind

Quoting Anonymous:

Just a doppler. Their making me wait til monday for my ultrasound, and I don't understand why..

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Did they use just a doppler? Or confirm no heartbeat with an ultrasound?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured