Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No heartbeat.. ETA.. UPDATE 2 - Ultrasound

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't know what to think.. Went in for my first OBGYN appointment yesterday and there's no heartbeat.. I'm supposed to be 13 weeks.. Does anyone know what this means? I don't want to think miscarriage. I have a ultrasound on Monday morning.. I haven't bled, I've only had slight cramping.. ETA: Thank you ladies for your responses. I'd like to just say, some of them have scared me shitless.. I am now having mild cramps in my pelvic area.. I'm trying to stay positive until Monday.. If I keep cramping I am going to the hospital.. Will update if I go. If not, I'll update on Monday after my ultrasound. Thank you. ETA2**** I had my ultrasound this morning. Baby is alive and well. I was off on my due date. I am 9 weeks tomorrow. Thank you ladies for the well wishes!!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Replies (41-50):
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Baby is still tiny right now, maybe they just couldn't hear it because of that...

I'm sure they would have probably rushed things if it were serious... Hang in there and TRY not to panic (easier said than done, I know!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I'm hoping everything's fine.. I'll find out on Monday.. Just don't want to wait that long!!

Quoting momof3jam:

Baby is still tiny right now, maybe they just couldn't hear it because of that...

I'm sure they would have probably rushed things if it were serious... Hang in there and TRY not to panic (easier said than done, I know!)

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Wow I'm in the exact same position. 13 weeks too. I have my ultrasound today. I'm going crazy with fear. My doc said baby could be hiding or I'm not as far as I thought but to keep in mind the possibility of miscarriage. I really hope we both get good news. Hugs. Good luck mama. If you want to talk you can PM me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Oh I totally don't blame you! Good luck  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm hoping everything's fine.. I'll find out on Monday.. Just don't want to wait that long!!

Quoting momof3jam:

MusicMuse1991
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

If the baby has no heartbeat that means the baby has passed.

yeah i'm sorry but this. they should be able to hear it by 10 weeks. i'm not going to sugar coat it like these people are doing, because that's not going to help. if they can't hear it by now then more than likely you've miscarried.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Your insurance.

Its not a danger to you or the embryo/fetus so they probably need pre approval.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was crying and all, and they didn't even offer one.. I have 2 daughters.. I've never had a weird pregnancy. First DD heard her heart beat at 8 weeks, second DD at 10 weeks..

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Doppler isn't very reliable early in pregnancy. It sucks you have to wait for an ultrasound though. When that happened to me (multiple times, i have stubborn babies lol) they always gave me a quick ultrasound before i even left to ease my mind

Quoting Anonymous:

Just a doppler. Their making me wait til monday for my ultrasound, and I don't understand why..

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Did they use just a doppler? Or confirm no heartbeat with an ultrasound?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Good luck to you too mama.. Please let me know how it goes.. How long did they make you wait after not hearing the heartbeat, to give you a ultrasound?

Quoting HIJKLM:

Wow I'm in the exact same position. 13 weeks too. I have my ultrasound today. I'm going crazy with fear. My doc said baby could be hiding or I'm not as far as I thought but to keep in mind the possibility of miscarriage. I really hope we both get good news. Hugs. Good luck mama. If you want to talk you can PM me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM
You are both wrong. They couldn't find the heartbeat using a doppler in office. That is not rare, it happens often! I think you are both thinking of finding a heartbeat on ultrasound. They absolutely should be able to find it on ultrasound, doppler is less sensitive.

No one is sugar coating. I was 16 weeks before they could hear it on DOPPLER.

Quoting MusicMuse1991:

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah i'm sorry but this. they should be able to hear it by 10 weeks. i'm not going to sugar coat it like these people are doing, because that's not going to help. if they can't hear it by now then more than likely you've miscarried.

dakotasmom12103
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep the Faith Mamma.  Let us know what happens

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM
I refuse to believe miscarriage until Monday.. I don't want to believe I've lost baby, and I wanted insight from mamas on here who have gone through the same thing.. I've read those 2 comments, but haven't replied because I don't want to believe it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are both wrong. They couldn't find the heartbeat using a doppler in office. That is not rare, it happens often! I think you are both thinking of finding a heartbeat on ultrasound. They absolutely should be able to find it on ultrasound, doppler is less sensitive.

No one is sugar coating. I was 16 weeks before they could hear it on DOPPLER.

Quoting MusicMuse1991:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)