Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: TMI warning update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm over 30 years old and I have never been able to use tampons properly. Everytime I try when I sit down or bend over it feels like my body is pushing it put. I'm assuming I'm not doing it right but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm too embarrassed and uncomfortable to ask my gyno or friends.

That's my highly embarrassing confesssion.

So I tried again. Leg on toilet and pushed rather in than usual. I'm not going to say I don't feel it at all but it's absolutely more comfortable than before! Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Use a different angle, point it back towards you butt a little more. My uterus is retroverted so I have to put mine in at a weird angle.
BShip2010
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Look at the directions inside the box. Maybe try the ones you just put in with your finger (no applicator)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I've had problems with tampons ever since I had my first daughter. Something happened with my vag or my uterus...idk...but they don't go in right anymore. It's like my vag is at a different angle or something. I can't seem to use them in a way that's comfortable for me. I shouldn't be able to feel it in there, but I always can. So I use pads.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Ive used a tampon once in my life. A friend taught me how (not physically, she just explained it lol)
tattooedmama218
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Well i had that problem when i first started using them. I found out when i had my son that my uterus is not positioned properly. Since then i figured out i can use the ob brand of tampons. They are shorter than normal tampons. The only problem no applicztor you have to insert it yourself.
kadensmommy2011
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I have the same issue! So frusterating!

Quoting Anonymous:

I've had problems with tampons ever since I had my first daughter. Something happened with my vag or my uterus...idk...but they don't go in right anymore. It's like my vag is at a different angle or something. I can't seem to use them in a way that's comfortable for me. I shouldn't be able to feel it in there, but I always can. So I use pads.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhope4
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Just a suggestion about the cardboard applicator type...put vaseline on the cardboard. Makes insertion MUCH EASIER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramita
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I have this problem to or they feel like they go crooked or something. This only started after i had kids so i dunno. I always had to wear a light pad with them bc i would leak around the tampon so other than swimming i dont like to wear them...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Plastic. I insert until my figures touch just inside...I know, way tmi...lol

Quoting epaolini:

plastic applicators or cardboard,,,, i cannot use the carboard even tho they are much much cheaper.but it doesnt seem you are going in far enough to begin with... not sure how to explain it really..you ust gotta get a feel for your body i guess?!

good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Plastic applicator and put it in farther... I used to do the same and it still happens from time to time. You want to almost be inside you when pushing it up to go in. Maybe try using a smaller size too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN