Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I babysit my cousins kids (6 and 2 1/2). I also have a son who's almost 17 months.
Well my cousin isn't potty trained and since I am with him a majority of the time its uo to me to potty train.
Well I figured that I could try to also potty train my son. Only issue is when I put him on the little potty he freaks out. I'm a first time mon and not really sure where to start or am I crazy trying to potty train 2 boysvat the same time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Replies (41-50):
EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

boys take time. i'm all for starting early and think there are many benefits to the earlier the better approach. but go slow!!! mine was terrified when we started at around 18 months. now he just turned 2 and he loves to sit on his potty. i have a pack of disney books that are only for the potty. so he looks at those or asks me to read him one. he was almost day trained but since his daddy is gone during the week for work right now he regressed a little. we just take it slow, offer it to him, make it look cool, and basically encourage it in every single way possible without making it a necessity to life. lol.

moremom4
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM
i made it a game with my son, i kept a small container on the back of the toilet with cherrios or fruit loops in it and would put some in the water in the toilet and have him shoot them so they would sink down or move, he loved it and it was easy to get him to want to go..i had his father show him how to play the game so he would know what to do and want to play, cause i umm couldnt show him myself lol just an idea...oh and is the actuall toilet what he is scared of or is it the sound it make when you flush? if its the flush just dont have him flush, you do it when he leaves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashbrydio
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM

thank god i never had a problem to potty train my son he learned when he was 1 1/2. i took his diaper ,bottle and pacifier away all at once. for me to potty train him i let him watch his dad use the bathroom everyday b4 taking the diaper away.this was as soon as he turned one i started to do this.

bottle just gave him a sippy cup he loved it. pacifire i just put hot no nail bite on it never he wanted it again.

i hope you have better luck soon mommy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

come join this group if you love your husband

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117403

BabyFetus Ticker

♥F£RR£IR@ F@MILY♥™

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Everyone is different. If your cousin is ready go for it but don't try and force you son epically if he's freaking out. Let him lead. If you try and force it it WILL take longer to train.
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Potty training boys works much smoother when they let you know they are ready for it... my ds fought me bitter tooth and nail on it... then one day sat on the potty on his own (2 weeks ago and he is 3) and hasnt been in a diaper since!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Boys + potty training = huge pain in the ass lol. My brothers were all difficult and my son was kind of a pain. I just put ds on the potty every 20-30 minutes. I'd tell him good job even if he didn't pee/poop, but if he did go I would make a big deal out of it. A sign that they might be ready to start is if they wake up with a dry diaper consistently. Ds started to do that at about 2 1/2. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulawakening82
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM
I just did the 3 day potty training method with my 2 year (25 months) old, and he did GREAT! The author of the ebook says it's best to do it at 22 months. The best thing about it is she does free mentoring (help desk) for life, so if you did your nephew now, and your son in 5 months, at 22 months, the mentoring is still available! It's $24, and it only takes about an hour to read, and IMO worth every penny!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MCA23
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

sword fight!

kadensmommy2011
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Lol I wish but way to cold already :( I hate cold and yea he does have a little potty

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

if it is still warm, and u have a private backyard, maybe he will pee outside? lol...

what about him getting a training potty, dd didnt like big toilet, but she was ok with the kiddie porta potty.

i used the 3 day methodto potty train. was great!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjessers
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM

My 2 younger boys are 4 ( 5 on the 28th) and 2. My 4 almost 5 yr old is fully trained and has been for some time now. My 2 yr old watches his brother and his Daddy go potty. He will go intermittently but not all the time. 

We just moved on the 1st so he is still adjusting to the new environment. I hope he will be trained soon though. 

I think having another child there to see going potty can only help.! Many children will be scared of the potty at first. I wouldn't push it too much. But let him know it is something he will have to do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN