Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

reading teen diary

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
  • 194 Replies

Are you going to, or have you????

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3earthangels
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
6 moms liked this
I would, especially if I suspected something was up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
khloemum
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

YUP!

Quoting 3earthangels:

I would, especially if I suspected something was up.

CafeMom Tickers
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM
6 moms liked this

So tough. I respect her privacy.. but if she was acting funny or suspicious and refused to open up... I probably would

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I doubt my sons will keep a diary...lol

T06T08T10
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Do boys keep diaries?

If yes, I would probably read it.

Rachelle91
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM
4 moms liked this

lol now all you have to do is check there phones and facebooks :P

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM
5 moms liked this

I know that my parents did, they took everything to the extreme. They were VERY abusive in every way and once a day they went through my room. I don't mean nicely, they trashed my room and went through EVERYTHING. I'm not going to lie, I have issues as an adult from it. IF I suspected that my teen was in harms way, I might. BUT I wouldn't let her know that I was reading it. There would be no punishing her every day for putting a swear word in her diary, that is just ludacris. I would figure out a way to help her without letting her know that I completely and totally disrespected her and violated her privacy/trust.

Rachelle91
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww I am sorry! hugs!

Quoting Anonymous:

I know that my parents did, they took everything to the extreme. They were VERY abusive in every way and once a day they went through my room. I don't mean nicely, they trashed my room and went through EVERYTHING. I'm not going to lie, I have issues as an adult from it. IF I suspected that my teen was in harms way, I might. BUT I wouldn't let her know that I was reading it. There would be no punishing her every day for putting a swear word in her diary, that is just ludacris. I would figure out a way to help her without letting her know that I completely and totally disrespected her and violated her privacy/trust.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM
3 moms liked this
NO I ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT. I lst A LOT of trust and respect from my parents and boyfriend from reading my diary. I wrote things in there I WANTED TO DO but would not, and they all went psychotic. Some of the things in my diary were true (my eating disorder, self-harm, drug abuse) however.... That was not the way it should have gone.

Because I have gone through so many things, because I know what manipulitive behaviour looks like, if there were concerns I would talk to my child. I want to have open communication with them. I do not think the first, best decision is to invade their privacy. Because of what they did to me, I trust no one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)