Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you going to, or have you????

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (151-160):
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Not sure.... Abby is only 13months old so I have quite a while to worry about that, but if I was given any reason to whatsoever I most likely would. I am a little nosey at heart though I can usually contain it, so really not sure if I'd read it just for the heck of it.

BrennaLyons
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM

None of mine keep a diary.

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I doubt it... I don't know we will have to wait and see if I ever find one laying around... or when I make her bed.. I still doubt it. She's only 2 now We have a while before she starts writing in a diary... She still scribbles lol

TigressLily
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I disagree with that.... My mom and I were very close but when I got to high school I made sure I didn't write down anything that I didn't want her to know, since I was afraid she might read it and be upset that I didn't talk to her about it or that it might be wrong in her eyes etc. I do not want my own children to have to feel that way, I want them to be able to have a good release if ever needed. Being a teen and raising a teen as long as you can remember what it was like to be a teen would make it a very easy road.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nicky2911:

being a teen and raising a teen aren't even on the same level.

KITTYCAT1
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM
I haven't, but if I thought she was in trouble or doing something risky I would read it.
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:06 AM
My dad my ex boyfriend and my husband all did that to me I don't keep journals anymore. No I wouldn't .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:06 AM

NO mine is too lazy to keep one.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM

We have a good relationship now, considering everything that happened when I was a child. I've learned to forgive and move on. :)

Quoting BekahBrownEyes:

Quoting armywife009:

My mom did it to me in front of family one time when I was about 11, it was very humiliating.

Wow hon I'm so sorry, no child deserves that. Is your relationship with her still effected by that? Which she was beyond wrong for doing.

mkh615
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Nah, my mom never did so I don't think I would. I didn't really do anything worth writing about. I GUESS if I thought one of my daughters was in trouble, but I think I'd ask them what was going on, assess how they react to me asking and then go for the diary if they weren't willing to talk to me. I pray that they all feel comfortable enough to talk to me about their problems. I really don't want to the kind of relationship where my 17 yr old comes to me to tell me about the sex she just had (I know those mothers/daughters! It's not ok with me!!) but I really hope they can tell me if they need help.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Quatrekins
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:58 AM

I would totally be all up in that diary, I am not going to lie. I would put everything back the way it was though, and not tell my teen. If I found anything worrisome, I would try to get my teen to be open and tell me about it; I always told my mom -everything-, because I never felt like she would freak out or stop loving me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)