Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you going to, or have you????

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (161-170):
latopmom
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:02 AM
I have and will again if need be. I promote open and honest communication between my girl and I but as she grows up I know she has her secrets. I wouldn't punish her for any minor transgressions but I would address her anything that I find disturbing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HipLikeJunk
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I never would. My mom used to do that to me and I have a really hard time with trust, privacy issues, and writing or talking about my problems/emotions. It was the first promise I made to myself when I had kids, to never ever read their personal diary. 

BigMamaMN
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM
No way, no how, no matter what. I have raised my girls to know the difference between right and wrong and how to make good choices. I have also kept our relationship open and honest and they know that being honest with me is a safety issue for them. At some point you have to trust them to be faced with the choices we all are and to make the right decision. If they make a mistake... Well, they'll learn from it. If they want to keep some things private, it is their right to.
Oddy_Knocky
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:14 AM
ONLY if I suspected something was amiss - reading it just to read it, no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I would absolutely read it.

renner450
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I doubt my daughter will keep one. I won't be buying her one. I never had one, it was pointless to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I have a son so i don't think it is that common in boys. If he decides to keep a journal of sorts, then no i would never disrespect him by doing that. My mother read my diary and photocopied pages she found..."interesting" i suppose. I had a very hard time as a teenager and keeping a journal and writing poetry helped me cope. She completely broke our trust and i have never wrote a poem or made another journal again. I completely disagree with it unless you are looking for a surefire way to make your teenager never want to talk to you about anything. In that case go ahead.

k_hall1784
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Really? Why is that?

Quoting babyblue415:

i believe as long as you are under the age of 15 you have no privacy

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Nope, never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Quoting 3earthangels:

I would, especially if I suspected something was up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured