Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you going to, or have you????

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (171-180):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Quoting TigressLily:

bull. You have to be the parent and not their friend. I was obviously a teen and am not raising one, no where near the same.
daiseymae2
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM
If I suspect something is going on, yes.
aschwarz06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I won't lie it would be tempting. But unless I feel there is a real reason, no I wouldnt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mayasmama11
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I don't think I would. In the words of jamie lee curtis in freaky Friday, if they were gonna do something they would be out there doing it, not writing about it in their journal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM

thats awful! im so sorry.

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

Not unless I suspected something and she was getting into trouble and owuldn't talk to me about what was going on.

My mom did it too me, and went on to read it out loud to her boyfriend of the month and my brothers. I was humliated, and have never trusted her again. I still resent it, and it was 14 years ago.

babyblue415
by champagne on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Because last time i checked my kids were not paying rent or buying food. And if you are a child i have the right to know who your freinds are and who there parents are and u betta not be doing no stupid shit netiher. I gave you life and i can easily take it away too. wanna call cps? well then damn it let me dial da damn number for you.   thats why.

Quoting k_hall1784:

Really? Why is that?

Quoting babyblue415:

i believe as long as you are under the age of 15 you have no privacy

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Thanks for the sympathy. It was awful.

That's why I couldn't do that to my own daughter. I want her to know I trust her. And unless she's doing something to make me doubt that trust I wouldn't want to risk it.

Quoting kissmiss213:

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

Not unless I suspected something and she was getting into trouble and owuldn't talk to me about what was going on.

My mom did it too me, and went on to read it out loud to her boyfriend of the month and my brothers. I was humliated, and have never trusted her again. I still resent it, and it was 14 years ago.

I very rarely bother to check a board twice, so debate, get mad, or whatever it is that'll make you feel better, if you don't like what I have to say, because it won't bother me :)sticking out tongue

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Both my kids have journals and I have skimmed through them. Not because I thought anything was going on with them, but just to make sure there wasn't. I don't go looking for it but sometimes, if I'm in their rooms getting laundry or something and it's laying out, I will look through it.
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I will if she keeps one.

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM

yeah, having that trust violated is hard. i KNOW my mom read mine, and i know that my grandmother did too (she would break into our house and go through EVERYTHING), but at least they tried to be sneaky about it you know? they didnt blatantly rub it in my face, and they didnt try to humilate me, but it still made it difficult. i knew that i couldnt even write down what i was acutally going through. it was never the full truth.

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

Thanks for the sympathy. It was awful.

That's why I couldn't do that to my own daughter. I want her to know I trust her. And unless she's doing something to make me doubt that trust I wouldn't want to risk it.

Quoting kissmiss213:

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)