Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you going to, or have you????

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
mummy1990
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:13 AM
2 moms liked this
No, that is a horrible invasion of privacy. My mother would read my diary, and it was never okay. I felt violated, and it made me trust her less and less. Reading your child's journal, is a great way to make sure that your child doesn't open up to you.
jella31
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:18 AM
No. My privacy and trust was violated constantly as a child/teen and I have issues with it now. I get all defensive and jumpy of hubby wants to look at my phone or anything of mine. It really sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshinebee0502
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Will if I have to. I know the crap I pulled and sure my mom reading my diary would have pissed me off but I wouldn't have been able to pull half the bs I did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Quoting mummy1990:

No, that is a horrible invasion of privacy. My mother would read my diary, and it was never okay. I felt violated, and it made me trust her less and less. Reading your child's journal, is a great way to make sure that your child doesn't open up to you.

I agree with mummy1990 100%

I would never read my dd's diary. My mother not only read my diary when I was younger, but she would write her own opinions/responses in my diary. It was incredibly rude and disrespectful. I will never do that to my own daughter. A diary is a safe place for young girls to write their feelings.

As mothers we need to respect our children's privacy and work on our relationships with them so they are willing to open up to us. There are other ways to find out how our children are thinking and feeling!

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I already commented, but because of so many saying no, i felt i should chime in again. My mother never read my journal. She knew something was up with me tho, she was always punishing me for no reason...IF she would of read my journal, she would of known me and josh were having sex already (and were still doing it after telling me to stop), she would of known when i starting weekend drinking at parties and she would have known when i planned on running away..and could of prevented that. Of course I'm glad she didn't read it, but man things would have went differently if she did..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. That is a huge violaton of trust, and a total lack of respect. If they were having problems I would talk to them or take them to a counselor. Their journal (if they choose to have one) is private.
artistmom889
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I will respect privacy as long as privacy is earned,  BUT as a  good mother I reserve the right  to invade  it if I ever have just cause,  My daughter's rights are subject to my authority til she's at least 18.

I see what you are all saying about moms who went overboard but I still think that to completely ' trust ' a minor  is a form of neglect,  most Teens are not the wisest people on the planet and sometimes they need more help than they know. I sure did.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Nope.

My mom respected my privacy, even argued with my dad about snooping through my things.  I will give my daughter the same respect.

If I suspect drugs, I will simply force her to give me a drug test.

Anything else, I'd hope that our communcation is open enough that she'd talk to me or her grandmother.

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I will, I'm sure.  Even if I don't suspect something, I think I'd read it to confirm how I think.

Maprinces3
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Only if I thought that my child was doing something really wrong and could be harmed from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN