Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Babe, that's a little awkward...

So, do any of your kids call you anything besides the "mom, mommy" deal. My daughter is almost 5 and at this point she is using pet names or my real name more than Mom. I woke up this morning and she was a half inch away from my face and says "good morning sweetie pie". Now she keeps calling me sweetie pie, or she calls me child or she will call me by my first name. It doesn't really bother me I just thought...you know kind of creepy kid ;). Anyone else get pet names from your kids?
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

child just reminds me of honey boo boo.. ick.

angelcatia
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Dd(4) calls me ma moo or moo moo. Idk, drives me crazy, but she won't stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennsmith326
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM

my stepson calls me beautiful because his dad does all the time. My son calls his stepdad poopoo head. My son calls his stepmom mimi

RarelyALazyDay
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Haha the names are great. I asked some people at work and they looked at me like I was crazy. Yeah, I just shoot weird pet names back fancy pants, flibity gibit, and love/lovely. Some of the ones you know they get from school (sister, homie) others I just think she's gone mad. She called me her "Mom-Dude but the girl kind" the other day. They can be so strange.
Mortiferouslatt
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM
My son has called me honey bunny a few times. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM
sometimes he calls me Tonya, just joking.

He loves the word "mommy".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MilesOfSmiles7
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
That's adorable. I hope when my son starts talking he calls me cutesy little names lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CplusG
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
My dd does this bc she is just copying what she hears :)

Quoting alwayskk:

Yes. She calls me sweet heart and sweetie pie mommy, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mr.scariesmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM
My 2 yr old calls me daddy at the moment everyone is daddy. I'm only mommy when he is hurt. Its funny though he will walk up to me and say hi dada
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannah-Belle
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Mine call me Momma or Ma'am but they will say things like "Aw Momma, you're so cute". It always throws me off guard a little and makes me laugh. My daughter totally does the stare at me about an inch from my face until a wake up though. And sometimes she'll pet my face until I open my eyes. She's a weird kid. I love her <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)