Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Babe, that's a little awkward...

So, do any of your kids call you anything besides the "mom, mommy" deal. My daughter is almost 5 and at this point she is using pet names or my real name more than Mom. I woke up this morning and she was a half inch away from my face and says "good morning sweetie pie". Now she keeps calling me sweetie pie, or she calls me child or she will call me by my first name. It doesn't really bother me I just thought...you know kind of creepy kid ;). Anyone else get pet names from your kids?
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Replies (31-40):
tnt1014
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
When my youngest son was a baby he called me Tee (my name is Terri, my brothers call me Tee) and he called my husband Honey lol. I was Tee for a long time lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM
I get sunshine a lot. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Im mom or mommy but she calls my dh by his real name which is really funny... especially because she does it only when he annoys her or he is ignoring her.  She is only 2 and the way she says it is how I say it when Im calling him when Im annoyed lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
My 3yr old usually calls me mamacita, pistola, or honey honey lol if shes not calling me mommy. I have no clue where she gets honey honey from. Oh ya also chunky monkey cause I call her sister that.
she_walk_softly
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM
My 3 year old will call me Mom,Mom,Mommy?Mom! Then by my first name all mad.It's the only thing that turns the kid mute button off sometimes :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Nah, just Mom, Mommy, Mama. He knows my name though (he's also 5 btw). But it's funny because sometimes he'll refer to DH by his first name when he calls, because he sees his name. He knows it's daddy of course, but I guess sometimes he wants to just say the name, I dunno. 

Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Before my son ever called me mommy he called me Shelby because that's what everyone else calls me so that was his first real word lol he was only like 1 I think he is almost 2 now
CafeMom Tickers
squag.mom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

My daughter calls me Nickel Pickle

Heather.Rose
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM

My son is 2. He calls me Heather, Honey, or mom

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM
My son calls me by my name sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)