Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does Your SO Complain About Your Period Month After Month?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Boyfriend's Maxi Pad Rant Sheds Hilarious Light on How Period Ads Confuse Our Men

Posted by Lindsay Mannering

yogaI can see where Richard Neill is coming from. Tampon and maxi-pad ads are really confusing. The poor British guy wrote on a feminine product brand's Facebook page lamenting the fact that it is because of ads like theirs that he has thought that a woman's time of the month was filled with super fun stuff like yoga lessons, bike riding, and rock climbing. It wasn't until he was an adult, and had a girlfriend, that he realized that the commericals were lies, all lies!, he says.

I feel you, Richard. It's not fair that some TV commercials make it look like getting your period is all fun and games in white pants. They're doing us a disservice. All of us!

Because if Richard grew up thinking that Aunt Flo's visit meant it was time to break out the ivory leotards and have some awesome fun with your smiling friends, I'm sure there are thousands, nay billions of men out there who were also misled.

And these misinformed men later became baffled boyfriends and husbands who were flabbergasted by the reality of their lady love's cramping, fatigue, and irritability. I SAID IRRITIABILITY, GODDAMNIT. AREN'T YOU LISTENING?!

Where are the unitards? They must have wondered, in silence, as they drove to the drug store for pain meds. And the holding hands, spinning in the fields of sunflowers? And the synchronized swimming? I'm sure these dudes were confused as fuck. And now, who's paying the price?

We are. Our relationships. Our relationships are failing because men thought 3-5 days of their month with us was going to be all rainbows and puppies and stretching.

As Richard put it, a woman's period wasn't as fun as promised. "There was no joy, no extreme sports, no blue water spilling over wings and no rocking soundtrack."

No, I bet there wasn't, Richard. But don't hold that against your lady. Point your angry finger of blame at the tampon and pad ads that have lied to you. Don't let your relationship suffer because of some crazy untruths. Stay strong. Stay vigilant. And most of all, stay away from suggesting that GroupOn you bought for a Vinyasa class.

Does your significant other complain that your period takes a toll on your relationship, month after non-blissful month?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

No, but I had to share this article with a friend.  LOL

Men have no clue, and if they go by those commercials, they are sadly misinformed.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Ever seen this commercial? lol

scarlettsam
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Ha!! Thats hilarious...

And OH SO TRUE!!
I shared this with a couple of gfs as well. So silly!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scarlettsam
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Ha ha ha!! I love this commercial...have you seen "hail to the v" commercial for vagisil wash I think...omg. i would post it but I am mobile. I know its on youtube though.

Quoting nerdymom28:

Ever seen this commercial? lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM

No, he's never complained, lol

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM

No. He's never complained. He understands and is supportive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Too funny! No mine doesn't complain-usually he tells me he's off to put his "cycle" helmet on at the first sign though! LOL
Rocker.Mom.07
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM

My ex used to and it would drive me nuts. He didn't want to even see my unused tampons or the wrappers...he would say because his mother used to bleed a lot and make him take out her trash... So I guess he was scarred? =/ I didn't feel it was any reason to make me feel like I was a disgusting being during it. The guy I am sorta dating now...he doesn't give a shit about that time of month. He will even talk to me about it lol It's weird.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I RARELY have mine due to my BC so he NEVER complains about it.....

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM

nope -lol. our sexlife is amillion times better on my period too. i am more active on my period. running & dancing both help aunt flo in my book

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)