Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can someone PLEASE tell me a VALID reason why you care what label someone puts on someone else?

Husband/Wife

Son/Daughter

Mom/Dad

Who CARES???

Why does it matter?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Because some of us take the meanings of those things seriously. The commitment behind each of those things is relavant & using them inappropriately is a slap in the face to those who take them seriously.
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I don't care. I am getting married in one month. Maybe I just have more important things in life to care about and give attention to and some others don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I personally don't care much.

I CAN see legal applications and sitations where it would matter, though.  Such as insurance, end of life decisions, taxes, etc.

garnet83
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

The psychological answer... it is natural for us to label and categorize pretty much all things. It is how our minds organize and make sense of all the information thrown at it. It isn't a bad thing. It's a normal comprehension mechanism. Chill

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM

People will have little pet peeves about every and anything, always. Its just human nature to have an opinion. And just because people express them on here, doesnt mean they are bitches IRL..

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Same here...what strangers call someone they are in a relationship with doesn't bother me at all...

Quoting frankiesma530:

I was wondering the same.  I don't care what someone wants to call their SO.  That's their choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Because some of us take the meanings of those things seriously. The commitment behind each of those things is relavant & using them inappropriately is a slap in the face to those who take them seriously.

This

GremlinMom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
The title of husband and wife comes with a ceremony, its been that way for centuries. It just is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
It's really not that serious...

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitchen.ninja
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
For me I find it irritating because it makes me think they got married and I was not aware. I have had cousins do this. Very confusing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)