Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can someone PLEASE tell me a VALID reason why you care what label someone puts on someone else?

Husband/Wife

Son/Daughter

Mom/Dad

Who CARES???

Why does it matter?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
I don't care what others do, but personally get annoyed when my mum calls my SO my hubby, or I his wife. To me that's special, and he can claim that the day we say I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GremlinMom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Yeah, this. This is perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Because some of us take the meanings of those things seriously. The commitment behind each of those things is relavant & using them inappropriately is a slap in the face to those who take them seriously.

This

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Nope...

LifeIsForLOLZ
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM

DITTO THIS

Quoting momof4boyz1girl:

I'm married and I don't care so invalid point.

Quoting Anonymous:

I bet you are not married

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Why do you care, if other people care?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
The commitment to marriage "isn't that serious?" The commitment to being a parent "isn't that serious?"

That mentality is disgusting.

Quoting LucyMom08:

It's really not that serious...

Quoting Anonymous:

Because some of us take the meanings of those things seriously. The commitment behind each of those things is relavant & using them inappropriately is a slap in the face to those who take them seriously.
BeAmour
by Tonya on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM
I'm OCD dammit! Everything needs to be clearly labeled!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tink0711
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Just because some of us haven't gone the the courthouse/church/wherever & gotten that piece of paper does not mean we do not take our relationships seriously. Df & I have been together for 10 years. If that's not serious, I don't know what is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM

You can't just go changing the meaning of things all willy nilly. Otherwise, it looses the true meaning. Husband and wife defines people who are MARRIED. You can't just go change the meaning of it to suit yourself. 

raegansmom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

From now on I'm going to refer to myself & expect everyone else to refer to me as "Dr. [insert my last name]"  Just because someone else decided to put in time & effort for a piece of paper doesn't mean I should have the same respect & privledges without taking the steps to get it, right?  I can just pretend I did what they did & have the same distinction.  Who cares, right?  Just paper!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN