Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your life or the baby's

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If your SO had to make the decision of saving your life or the life of the baby you were pregnant with, who's life would YOU want him to choose? 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Replies (311-313):
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Mine.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

If all of your children are from your marriage to your dh, then there is no worries, obviously.  But if any of them are from previous relationships, by law the children would have to go to the next living parent.  Extended family can fight to keep the children together, but most courts will side with the next of kin, even if they've been uninvolved for years and years.

I respect your stance.  You are choosing what works for your situation and beliefs.  There is no right or wrong answer in a situation like the OP presented.  Just keep in mind that for some of us, a pregnancy can be disposable if it's a matter of life and death, especially if there are other children involved.   

Honestly, I'd hate to ever have to be in such a situation, but when all is said and done, the emotional and physical well being of my living child takes priority over the life of the unborn. 

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

My children arent disposable. Including my unborn. It isnt replaceable. And I honestly hadnt considered them being dealt out to a bunch of people. If I died dh wouldnt let that happen, and we have god parents in place should we not be able to care for them. I firmly believe that life is given and it isnt our choice to take it. I dont expect everyone to agree and I can understand the other side. But for me it is not an option. At all.

Quoting randi1978:

That's fine and great that you'd choose differently, but there are many of us who don't want to see our living children separated out into different homes or placed with someone who would only take them as a paycheck (survivor benefits, exploit maternal side of family).  In situations like that, then yes, the fetus is replaceable and disposable.  Our lives come first to make sure our living children won't suffer.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Yeah because kids are so disposable like that. I would never abort my baby to save my own life. Especially on the say so of a doctor. One of my babies would have been aborted if I'd have listened to my doctor. I refused and she was dead wrong, I was fine and so was my baby. Imo medical professionals get this "its just a fetus, you can get another!" mentality. I will never ever trust them again, not fully.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine. We can have more.

Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Yep, all kids are from the same daddy. I do understand all sides, but to me life begins at conception. The life of my unborn would be/is as valueable as the lives of my living children. Abortion is an issue I feel very strongly about and I'd rather my children see that I was willing to sacrifice my life than compromise on what I believe. Lip service is nothing imo. I cant teach them the value of human life if I'm willing to sacrifice my baby. I do understand your point and I'm not trying to pick an arguement in the least, I just have complete faith in the support system my children would have and I'd rather die than kill my baby. But like you said, I cant imagine being in that situation and hopefully I'll never sit in it again :)

Quoting randi1978:

If all of your children are from your marriage to your dh, then there is no worries, obviously.  But if any of them are from previous relationships, by law the children would have to go to the next living parent.  Extended family can fight to keep the children together, but most courts will side with the next of kin, even if they've been uninvolved for years and years.

I respect your stance.  You are choosing what works for your situation and beliefs.  There is no right or wrong answer in a situation like the OP presented.  Just keep in mind that for some of us, a pregnancy can be disposable if it's a matter of life and death, especially if there are other children involved.   

Honestly, I'd hate to ever have to be in such a situation, but when all is said and done, the emotional and physical well being of my living child takes priority over the life of the unborn. 

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

My children arent disposable. Including my unborn. It isnt replaceable. And I honestly hadnt considered them being dealt out to a bunch of people. If I died dh wouldnt let that happen, and we have god parents in place should we not be able to care for them. I firmly believe that life is given and it isnt our choice to take it. I dont expect everyone to agree and I can understand the other side. But for me it is not an option. At all.

Quoting randi1978:

That's fine and great that you'd choose differently, but there are many of us who don't want to see our living children separated out into different homes or placed with someone who would only take them as a paycheck (survivor benefits, exploit maternal side of family).  In situations like that, then yes, the fetus is replaceable and disposable.  Our lives come first to make sure our living children won't suffer.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Yeah because kids are so disposable like that. I would never abort my baby to save my own life. Especially on the say so of a doctor. One of my babies would have been aborted if I'd have listened to my doctor. I refused and she was dead wrong, I was fine and so was my baby. Imo medical professionals get this "its just a fetus, you can get another!" mentality. I will never ever trust them again, not fully.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine. We can have more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)