Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pro Life with exceptions IS NOT Pro Choice! ****ETA****

Posted by   + Show Post

IMO, if someone wants abortion illegal, even with exceptions, you are still PL. I get so annoyed when a PL person says "I think abortion should be allowed for rape, incest, maternal health" and someone comes back with "That makes you Pro Choice". It doesn't, Pro Choice (again IMO) means giving women all their choices, freedom to choice regardless of reason. If you are only giving her choices under special circumstances, how is that "Pro Choice"? I get that it isn't entirely Pro Life either, it is somewhere in the middle. 

**ETA**

From the responses, it seems many people don't/can't separate their personal feelings from their political views. So, to be sure we are all "on the same page", lets keep the opinions to your political views on abortion. Do you feel the federal or state government should ban it? Place stricter regulations on it, that sort of thing. Ya now, how would YOU VOTE if the subject appeared on your ballot?

โ€œIf people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeedโ€.

-Albert Einstein

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
winkyloafer
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Making a legitimate reason for abortion is pro-choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting areyouatroll:

If you support legalized abortion for any reason (except death on the part of the mother), you are pro choice aka pro abortion.

That is a lie...BTW just because you don't beleive the fedral Government has the right to legislate what anyone does with their bodies doesn't mean you support abortion or anything else being legal.  it just means you don't think its the governments job or right to make those choices for ANYONE for ANY REASON.

Since when does pro-choice mean pro-abortion.  How in the world could you possibly know what that means to the millions who choose to identify with the Pro-choice movement or that label?  man ignorance abounds on all sides of this stupid argument over TERMS and wanting so desperately to pigeon hole others so you can judge them.

singlemom1208
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this
There are limits to the gestational period a woman can get an abortion. It's not limitless as it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpsideDown
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

It's all murky water. I have my feelings of what is right and that is what matters to me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting areyouatroll:

If you support legalized abortion for any reason (except death on the part of the mother), you are pro choice aka pro abortion.

??????????????????????? on the first part

wrong on the second part...people can be pro choice but not pro abortion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM
3 moms liked this

They should be called hypocrites because they want it both ways!

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM
So, if someone thought only red haired women should be allowed to get abortions, they would be "pro choice"?

Quoting winkyloafer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Gingers can't reproduce. That's preposterous!

But in seriousness, yes, but I'd worry more about their weird logic than if they're pro-life or pro-choice.

Quoting LoriLou75:

So, if someone thought only red haired women should be allowed to get abortions, they would be "pro choice"?

Quoting winkyloafer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree. A pro lifer wouldn't make an exception. If you favor women having any kind of choice, you are pro choice.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

No pro-life is pro-life. Having abortion as an option AT ALL is pro choice.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM
What does pro abortion mean? Is that someone who has never given birth and will only abort or something? :/

Quoting areyouatroll:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN