Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pro Life with exceptions IS NOT Pro Choice! ****ETA****

Posted by   + Show Post

IMO, if someone wants abortion illegal, even with exceptions, you are still PL. I get so annoyed when a PL person says "I think abortion should be allowed for rape, incest, maternal health" and someone comes back with "That makes you Pro Choice". It doesn't, Pro Choice (again IMO) means giving women all their choices, freedom to choice regardless of reason. If you are only giving her choices under special circumstances, how is that "Pro Choice"? I get that it isn't entirely Pro Life either, it is somewhere in the middle. 

**ETA**

From the responses, it seems many people don't/can't separate their personal feelings from their political views. So, to be sure we are all "on the same page", lets keep the opinions to your political views on abortion. Do you feel the federal or state government should ban it? Place stricter regulations on it, that sort of thing. Ya now, how would YOU VOTE if the subject appeared on your ballot?

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
There is no middle. Either you value a babies life no matter the circumstances or you don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Quoting mhaney03:

It can go both ways.  If you think pro life with exception = pro choice.. wouldn't that same point of view be pro-choice with exception of "because i don't want no baby" = pro life?

people are splitting hairs here and it doesn't change anything regardless.

No it doesn't go both ways. If someone is allowed to make the choice to kill there baby and your ok with it then you are pro choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Quoting TLIF1281:

Ok to each their own. If a woman feels that it is best for her and the baby then they should have the right. This being said myself I would not choose abortion that is just me. Now going on a side road here. Romney can't seem to make up his mind if he wants to keep abortion legal or illegalize it. YOU CAN NOT COMPLETELY ILLEGALIZE ABORTION! The reason I say this is because abortion is used for WAY more things than just ending a viable pregnancy by a woman's choice. The pregnancy itself may not be viable in meaning it could be what they call a fibroid or an inviable fetus where it is forming but has no heartbeat the list goes on as well as oh the amount of women that will go underground to have unsafe abortions. Abortions are never 100% safe there are complications as is with any procedure but women will be going to back alleys and in to creepy unsanitary buildings to get abortions. That I do not agree with! Sorry I have been looking for a spot to put this. Yes on teh other hand Obama has his points when it comes to abortion like him believing in late term abortion and that is a whole other horrible thing. Ok I am off my soap box now lol! 

Viability is not for any human to decide. And if a baby is already dead in utero like no heartbeat then that is not an abortion.
LoveOfSign
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM

It can go either way, it's all in how each person takes it.

MusicMuse1991
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

No pro-life is pro-life. Having abortion as an option AT ALL is pro choice.

yep

MusicMuse1991
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

it's also not your decision what another human being does with her body. viability is for that person to decide, not you or your god's.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TLIF1281:

Ok to each their own. If a woman feels that it is best for her and the baby then they should have the right. This being said myself I would not choose abortion that is just me. Now going on a side road here. Romney can't seem to make up his mind if he wants to keep abortion legal or illegalize it. YOU CAN NOT COMPLETELY ILLEGALIZE ABORTION! The reason I say this is because abortion is used for WAY more things than just ending a viable pregnancy by a woman's choice. The pregnancy itself may not be viable in meaning it could be what they call a fibroid or an inviable fetus where it is forming but has no heartbeat the list goes on as well as oh the amount of women that will go underground to have unsafe abortions. Abortions are never 100% safe there are complications as is with any procedure but women will be going to back alleys and in to creepy unsanitary buildings to get abortions. That I do not agree with! Sorry I have been looking for a spot to put this. Yes on teh other hand Obama has his points when it comes to abortion like him believing in late term abortion and that is a whole other horrible thing. Ok I am off my soap box now lol! 

Viability is not for any human to decide. And if a baby is already dead in utero like no heartbeat then that is not an abortion.

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM
I don't believe in abortion once the fetus is formed. It doesn't bother me if it's just a bunch of cells still though. People should take responsibility to do that early on if that is what they want to do. Otherwise choose adoption!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momswag
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
PC doesn't mean you are FOR abortion, you are for a woman's right to chose. That means under any circumstances.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christine0813
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this

banging head into wall

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

It really doesn't matter to  me how you label yourself. I'm just thankful that in our country we don't have to follow someone else's set of ideals when it comes to whats an acceptable reason and what isn't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN