Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pro Life with exceptions IS NOT Pro Choice! ****ETA****

Posted by   + Show Post

IMO, if someone wants abortion illegal, even with exceptions, you are still PL. I get so annoyed when a PL person says "I think abortion should be allowed for rape, incest, maternal health" and someone comes back with "That makes you Pro Choice". It doesn't, Pro Choice (again IMO) means giving women all their choices, freedom to choice regardless of reason. If you are only giving her choices under special circumstances, how is that "Pro Choice"? I get that it isn't entirely Pro Life either, it is somewhere in the middle. 

**ETA**

From the responses, it seems many people don't/can't separate their personal feelings from their political views. So, to be sure we are all "on the same page", lets keep the opinions to your political views on abortion. Do you feel the federal or state government should ban it? Place stricter regulations on it, that sort of thing. Ya now, how would YOU VOTE if the subject appeared on your ballot?

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Replies (611-620):
Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

That is pro choice. Sorry. It is what it is. You can call yourself pro choice, anti abortion except for cases pf rape and incest, but you are still pro choice. Pro life means just that. Life at all costs. It is like when some redefine murder. You cannot do that, either.

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never vote to ban women's rights. And that goes for abortion as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM
I think unless you are in favor of giving all women choices, you are NOT pro choice. It's not pro life technically either.

Quoting Aislinn:

That is pro choice. Sorry. It is what it is. You can call yourself pro choice, anti abortion except for cases pf rape and incest, but you are still pro choice. Pro life means just that. Life at all costs. It is like when some redefine murder. You cannot do that, either.

cassdw
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

It's definitely not Pro Life or Pro Choice, but leans more towards Pro Choice.  Most PL's believe like Akin, et al that there's No Reason for an abortion...too bad for mama if her life is in danger and too bad for everyone if the baby has a condition that will cause it to be born alive and die within moments and endure unimaginable pain and suffering in it's extremely short life. 

Whatever reason a woman has, it's HER reason...that makes a person Pro Choice and allowing the government to be involved in that decision in any way is Anti Choice.  Whether or not you yourself would have an abortion for any reason is a personal choice that only you can make in whatever way you choose.  For most women who have been faced with that decision it is a life altering and difficult decision and regulating the parameters within which that decision can or cannot be made is inconceivable to me.  I don't "personally" believe that abortion should be used as a form of birth control, however, that's my personal choice...I wouldn't want anyone to tell me that I couldn't have a safe and legal medical procedure if I deemed it necessary, regardless of my reasons.

Shouldn't "choosing" to be ProLife or ProChoice in essence make you ProChoice?  It always amazes me that most women that label themselves pro life are so quick to relegate their decision to be pro life onto others; yet those that are pro choice think you can be pro life, if you so choose...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I feel that the government doesn't have a place to tell a woman what to do with her body. Period.

beka1978
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:35 AM
It may sound funny or stupid to u but i do give my unborn child choices. If i lay one way and he kicks in a aggravated way i move till he settles and is comfortable. If i eat or drink something that makes him agitated i dont do it again. I play music for him and yes there is music he doesnt like so i change it. It amazes me that ppl think just because ur child hasnt been born it means they cant feel or like/dislike something. My baby has a very defined personality already. As did my first child. I pity those women who cant/wont/dont get to know their baby even before its born. There is more to the life growing inside us than u r giving credit to.
klsovereign
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Wasn't aware I had an issue. I simply asked a question. The issue appears to be someone else's. At least I have the courage to state my name with my opinions

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting klsovereign:

Have you ever noticed that on average most pro lifers are pro death penalty.

People who get the death penalty are people who have MADE A CHOICE to take another persons life (typically the death penalty is saved for murderers) A baby has no choice and has done nothing wrong other than had a selfish mother. If you can't see the difference then that's your issue.

Serenity8310
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I don't like people using abortions as birthcontrol as much as it is their choice I still have an issue as confusing as it is I still think its up to the person who had to live with the consequences

Quoting Mackenzie40:

Quoting Serenity8310:

I think unless you have ever been the one to walk this road and have gone thru with one do not knock it. I am pro life it should be up to the person faced with the circumstances. I my self have always been pro choice it's not me who has to suffer the consequences of someone else's choice. It has nothing to do with anyone I agree that it is not up to the government to make life choices for people. That said I never thought I was ever for abortion for my self . I had one and I now have to answer to god for what I have done not a day goes by that I don't think about it . I learned my lesson but it was mine to learn and no one else's I know it's hard not to judge someone. I do not understand people that use abortion as birth control. People that have more then one and more then 4. It is what it is tho choice and their choice alone

Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

And do you take issue with women who have had more thn one or more then four? why ? Aren't they the ones who will live with it and answer for it and not you? 

Personally never understood the whole "pro-choice but not for more then X amount of abortions"...

violetlady
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM
I think government should be there to make sure things are done in a safe way, healthy way, with care . Government should stay away from my health and spiritual decisions.
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Quoting violetlady:

I think government should be there to make sure things are done in a safe way, healthy way, with care . Government should stay away from my health and spiritual decisions.

Perhaps you can clarify because to me it reads like a contradiction.

Personally I want my Doctor to be the one helping to guide my medical decisions and not some politician or "government".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)