Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pro Life with exceptions IS NOT Pro Choice! ****ETA****

Posted by   + Show Post

IMO, if someone wants abortion illegal, even with exceptions, you are still PL. I get so annoyed when a PL person says "I think abortion should be allowed for rape, incest, maternal health" and someone comes back with "That makes you Pro Choice". It doesn't, Pro Choice (again IMO) means giving women all their choices, freedom to choice regardless of reason. If you are only giving her choices under special circumstances, how is that "Pro Choice"? I get that it isn't entirely Pro Life either, it is somewhere in the middle. 

**ETA**

From the responses, it seems many people don't/can't separate their personal feelings from their political views. So, to be sure we are all "on the same page", lets keep the opinions to your political views on abortion. Do you feel the federal or state government should ban it? Place stricter regulations on it, that sort of thing. Ya now, how would YOU VOTE if the subject appeared on your ballot?

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Replies (621-629):
violetlady
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM
What I meant is that they shoud not make the desition of what to do with our bodies , but they shoud be there to probide a safe and professional environment for watever issue I have to deal with. Like you said it is us and our doctors. But you need a third-party to regulate doctors and procedures and the safety of them.

Quoting Mackenzie40:

Quoting violetlady:

I think government should be there to make sure things are done in a safe way, healthy way, with care . Government should stay away from my health and spiritual decisions.

Perhaps you can clarify because to me it reads like a contradiction.

Personally I want my Doctor to be the one helping to guide my medical decisions and not some politician or "government".

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Uhm no. Pro.choice means that you believe every woman should be able to make her own CHOICE.

Quoting sandra_t00:

Um no

If you are pro-life but think there should be an exception, that makes you pro-choice. You think that he woman who "qualifies" for the exception should have a choice in what she wants to do, therefore, giving her a CHOICE

Pro-choice.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DarksMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM

People have no business worrying about what anyone else does to/with their body. It's not YOUR body, so you have nothing to say about it. And I feel the same damned way about the gov't trying to say that they are allowed to make personal medical choices for us. I don't need anyone 'acting in my best interest'. I'm a grown ass woman, with slightly higher than average IQ who is MORE than capable of making my own damned choices and decisions about what I will/will not be putting my body through.

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM

that's still an exception.  

Quoting areyouatroll:

If you support legalized abortion for any reason (except death on the part of the mother), you are pro choice aka pro abortion.

Look people, I did not invent the definition for pro abortion. If you support legalized abortion you are pro abortion, deal with it.

mommy2kids2009
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Pro life with exceptions is pro-choice, because if you are pro-life, you believe that life should be protected regardless of any outside circumstances, and so  you cannot be pro-life with exceptions, it is not possible. It doesn't matter  if a mother is having a bad week, the baby's LIFE is just as valuable as if she was having a good week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Having an abortion is not you doing whatever you want to your body, it is you doing whatever you want to someone else's body, and that someone, just happens to be someone very important to the world, and it is not YOUR choice, so therefore us pro-life people are forced to be in your business, because you made someone else's life your business too.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM

This

Quoting sandra_t00:

Um no

If you are pro-life but think there should be an exception, that makes you pro-choice. You think that he woman who "qualifies" for the exception should have a choice in what she wants to do, therefore, giving her a CHOICE

Pro-choice.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on May. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Keep abortion legal. The church and the government have no business making reproduction decisions for women. It is up to the woman. 

Seriously, it's a no brainer. The only one you have a right to make a decision for concerning abortion is yourself. Not really that hard to understand. 

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Are you actually saying that you think women choose abortion based on how their week is progressing? No wonder you don't trust them to make this decision, you think women are morons!

Quoting mommy2kids2009:

Pro life with exceptions is pro-choice, because if you are pro-life, you believe that life should be protected regardless of any outside circumstances, and so  you cannot be pro-life with exceptions, it is not possible. It doesn't matter  if a mother is having a bad week, the baby's LIFE is just as valuable as if she was having a good week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)