Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm burnt out on motherhood...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

anyone else ever feel this way? I love my chidlren and my life. But I feel that I invest so much of myself into this and I am under appreciated, over worked and over stressed. I started anxiety/antidepressants a week ago..maybe that is an answer. I don't know...ok i'm done whining.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I've felt that way before. I think it's typical of women to get caught up in trying to do everything for everyone and end up neglecting themselves. Then you get burned out.  Take some time to take care of you. Schedule time to relax. You're important, too!

mommycrissa
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Yep, been there a few times over the years

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I get like tht at times to, but I know I am lucky (thanks to cm) and when I get burnt it my husband lets me run away to the room to zone out or I hang out with a friend for a bit. One thing that has really helped me is to find what I like (it is very easy to get lost in motherhood and their needs) then spend time doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I think we all have been there our will go there eventually! Hang in there and it's wonderful your trying to get help!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lena-Loo
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Yep me too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beautiful.GIRL1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Yes it happens to us all at one point or another. It'll get better. *hugs!*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
I feel like that right now! I literally just laid across the couch and cried.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Thanks! I'm so glad to know this is normal. I put all of myself into making sure my children have their needs met and that i'm raising them better than I was raised...but it takes a toll.

marie2409
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM
No one admits the realities of parenthood. Moms are made to feel guilty if they do anything for themselves, or if thet don't spend every waking moment thinking about their kids. .

I love my kids dearly, would give my life for them. But, I am still ME, I will not give up my identity as a woman, I will do things sonetimes JUST for me, and my kids know it.

Sancti-mommies that live, eat, and breathe for their kids will say we should ALWAYS enjoy our kids, and never think of ourselves.

Heck if I don't keep my sanity I am no good for them. Moms beat themselves up too much, you will be just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mas2124
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I've felt this way before. I occasionally suffer from a form of caretaker burnout, which leads me to get burned out as a parent as well, but because of the circumstances, there is no outside support, and I've found non legal methods to ease the stress. Not proud of it, but it works for me when the going gets tough. 

You should be proud of yourself for acknowledging that there is a problem, and for seeking help.

You're not alone in this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)