Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thoughts on child birth: before and after?

Posted by   + Show Post

What did you think about child birth or what you thought it would be like before baby was born (either during or before pregnancy) and what are your thoughts on child birth now that you've been-there-done-that??

S/O post here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17456304/Thoughts_on_raising_a_child_before_and_after?highlight=206849888#post206849888

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
3earthangels
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM
I thought it would be a painful, wonderful, demanding, beautiful, vagina altering event.

Turned out to be everything plus some except for vagina altering. More like stomach altering, I had c-sections. Which was something I didn't even consider before being pregnant. Not that I was against them, it just didn't occur to me that I would have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM
I thought it was going to be awful, it was awesome. I would do it again in a heart beat, although it may not be as good the second time, I'd still do it all over again:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM
I thought itd be horrible and painful.

It was long, and took a lot of energy, but wasnt bad. Actually, ive had stomach issues that were more painful. I had a homebirth with a ten pounder, so it wasnt because she was small or because i was doped yp.
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Only thing I thought about was my vagina & was it going to go back to normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mudfishzgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:56 PM

When I was pregnant I was obsessed with all the pregnancy shows on TLC. I watched them all it. I had a pretty good idea going in BUT not in one single show do they say that you have to push like you want to poop. NOT ONCE I had no frigin idea that was going to happen. 

I think now that I'm older I would like to do it again and be more aware of whats going on with my body and enjoy it more. I was 18 and dumb as a brick when I had DD. I wish I had known it was something that I would want to remember.

SusieQue717
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I honestly thought it was going to hurt more... my contractions (23 hours of them) weren't so bad... I told my mom she was a liar... I had to have an emergency c-section, and thought that was going to hurt worse, I was fine... My sister couldn't stand up straight for a month... I was expecting it to be MUCH worse! After I was let out of the hospital, I went to wal mart... LOL 

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM
The natural births were not nearly as bad as I expected, the induced one was pretty bad. My vagina is fine now, although my floor muscles can use some work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM

See I am the opposite the less I know the better lol. If I start googling I start freaking. I am totally a glass half empty type of person. My husband always laughs because he can tell when I have been on the Internet. I wish they made a chill pill haha.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

LOL

It's just different approaches, I guess.   I used to panic, but I found the more I understood things, the less I would feel anxious and panicky.  So, when we found out I was pregnant, I did my homework and NOTHING could surprise me.  My OB even said I probably knew as much about pregnancy and the female body as most of his students.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

My thoughts before and after are the same.  I don't know, I'm just practical  I read my information, talked to my OB, and basically what I expected to happen happened.  Even the emergency C section with baby #2 went how I figured an emergency C section would.  All the doctors and nurses were impressed with how calm and rational I was as things happened.

I wish that I could be like you. I tend to over react and panic lol.

angevil53
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM
I really didn't want to give birth vaginally. I wanted a csection. I was afraid I'd be ruined. I had my son vaginally abd didn't even get stitches or anything. There was no pain after during recovery. With dd i was glad to have the same experience but just a bit of stretching that caused it ti itch while healing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I was very nervous, excited to be able to experience it but nervous because I'd never done it. I learned from it, to trust my instincts above all else, even the Doctor, and that I I really hope my future babies are small enough to fit out of my vagina instead of having to be pushed back in and taking via c-section. I think thought that the next time, I will have both those before & after feelings, but the nervousness will be if it'll fit out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN