Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thoughts on child birth: before and after?

Posted by   + Show Post

What did you think about child birth or what you thought it would be like before baby was born (either during or before pregnancy) and what are your thoughts on child birth now that you've been-there-done-that??

S/O post here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17456304/Thoughts_on_raising_a_child_before_and_after?highlight=206849888#post206849888

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I thought it was going to be horrifyingly painful and my vagina was never going to be the same again.  There was pain, but I didn't think it was that bad and my DH actually was the one that requested the epidural.  Even with an emergency c-section, I still didn't think it was all that bad...and my vagina is perfectly back to normal pre-baby.

nevaNabismommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I truly thought it would hurt more and I would hate my dh because he didn't have to go throw any pain to have our child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I knew there would be pain, but I did not expect to be induced early, to have it fial, and to require a c-section. Letting the doc scare me into an induction was the worst mistake and one I will not be repeating.

Wyattlucasmama
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I thought it was going to be the worst thing ever! The contractions were awful, for the 2 hours I felt them. Once I had the epidural it was smooth sailing. I didn't feel anything from the chest down until my son had already had his first bath and I was eating my first meal in 24 hours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I ended up with a c-section. It was easier then I expected!

bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I wasn't scared until I was in a hospital bed with really strong contractions and asked the doctor "Is it too late to change my mind...just go home...?" lol

And after the first person who asked how it was after got "That was one of the easiest things I've ever done actually" :)

dddd2776
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Quoting nerdymom28:

I thought it would be scary, painful and all around unpleasant....and that's exactly what I found it to be. Both times. I'm happy to be done having children. I LOVE my kids, I love the result of childbirth; getting to hold them in my arms and watch them grow...but the actual process was not enjoyable for me at all.

This exactly.  I didn't even like being pregnant.  lol

Lisa_7777
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Aww oiccchhiiieeesss

Quoting Anonymous:

I think child birth is over rated and way more painful then I thought. Now that I have had a baby I don't want to ever do it again, but I will be next month lol. After this I am freaking done. And to add because of the pp My vag has not gone back to normal due to the way they cut me, I am in constant pain still because of nerve damage that the dr said can't be fixed....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany.dcd
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I thought it was going to be the worst pain I had ever been in. I was wrong. I was 41 weeks 4 days when I went to l&d for my stress test. I was having contractions every 3-5 minutes that I didn't even feel so they decided to induce. They started with a pill that didn't do a damn thing. Then they started me on pitocin. But it made baby's heart rate drop so they stopped it. I then started dilating like crazy. And after 24 hours and 40 minutes of pushing my beautiful boy was born.
I did get an epidural because of the crazy pain in my hips that almost had me in tears. Bit I did end up laugoing while pushing because of some funny stuff my SO had said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM
I just remember looking at my poor swollen crotch and wondering if that was really mine. I also was so happy to have my first pp poop. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)