Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thoughts on child birth: before and after?

Posted by   + Show Post

What did you think about child birth or what you thought it would be like before baby was born (either during or before pregnancy) and what are your thoughts on child birth now that you've been-there-done-that??

S/O post here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17456304/Thoughts_on_raising_a_child_before_and_after?highlight=206849888#post206849888

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Replies (31-37):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Funny stuff your partner had said... What was it curious.

Quoting brittany.dcd:

I thought it was going to be the worst pain I had ever been in. I was wrong. I was 41 weeks 4 days when I went to l&d for my stress test. I was having contractions every 3-5 minutes that I didn't even feel so they decided to induce. They started with a pill that didn't do a damn thing. Then they started me on pitocin. But it made baby's heart rate drop so they stopped it. I then started dilating like crazy. And after 24 hours and 40 minutes of pushing my beautiful boy was born.

I did get an epidural because of the crazy pain in my hips that almost had me in tears. Bit I did end up laugoing while pushing because of some funny stuff my SO had said.

Lisa_7777
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Well the contractions were horable. Then after awhile I felt like I needed to go to tolit to do number 2, but nothing happened. I really reaally felt I needed to go but it was baby pushing down on bowl back type thing..ohh that feeling was just horable with contractions. And the other feeling I didn't like was when I wanted to push but wasn't fully dialated so I had to wait. But the pushing thing was good but when I felt her crowning ( head just come out a bit) that hurt but not soo bad.. all went smoothly and go. I mainly felt pain down there was at the end of day and just the after affects.. such as the healing. At the end of the day I was very happy n proud mumma :)
I hyped myself up that it was going to be bad and very painfull but its best not to panic and worry just breath that's the key
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa_7777
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:33 PM
What does pp poop mean? Lol...

Quoting stephiebugg:

I just remember looking at my poor swollen crotch and wondering if that was really mine. I also was so happy to have my first pp poop. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybecky
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I had no idea that my belly would be so flabby.  I wish someone would have told me that.  I also wish that someone would have told me that bruising on your inner thighs was possible.  One more thing, I wish I would have known what a 4th degree tear was, and that it's possible to tear all the way through your anus.

I was in so much pain after my 1st baby because I tore so bad, that it hurt to sit or stand for long periods of time for weeks afterward. 

After my second, I had bruising on my inner thighs, and had to have my DH help me get dresed.  I couldn't lift my leg up high enough to put underwear on.

I also had no idea that it was possible to need forceps with a 3rd baby.  I figured I would be good giving birth since I had done it twice before.  

On the flip side, my fourth birth was a dream.

mommybecky
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

postpartum

Quoting Lisa_7777:

What does pp poop mean? Lol...

Quoting stephiebugg:

I just remember looking at my poor swollen crotch and wondering if that was really mine. I also was so happy to have my first pp poop. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I was freaked out, and honestly, scared shit-less. I was convinced my vag would never be the same again, and DH wouldn't want to have sex with me anymore after seeing a baby come out of there. As much as he said it wouldn't matter, I'd heard a story somewhere of a woman's SO who didn't want to have sex with her anymore because seeing a baby come out of there freaked him out, and I was convinced this would happen to DH. Thankfully it hasn't. I can say that my worries about my vag were mostly wrong. DH says he can't feel any difference from before we had kids, but (maybe TMI) I have noticed when I started having my period again, the tampons don't stay in well anymore. I don't know if this is normal or not, I haven't heard of such a thing, but I'm left wondering what is wrong with me :( All in all though, childbirth isn't scary as I thought it would be, but after two, I'm done. No desire to do it again. 

brittany.dcd
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM
I don't remember exactly. But hes always saying something funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny stuff your partner had said... What was it curious.

Quoting brittany.dcd:

I thought it was going to be the worst pain I had ever been in. I was wrong. I was 41 weeks 4 days when I went to l&d for my stress test. I was having contractions every 3-5 minutes that I didn't even feel so they decided to induce. They started with a pill that didn't do a damn thing. Then they started me on pitocin. But it made baby's heart rate drop so they stopped it. I then started dilating like crazy. And after 24 hours and 40 minutes of pushing my beautiful boy was born.

I did get an epidural because of the crazy pain in my hips that almost had me in tears. Bit I did end up laugoing while pushing because of some funny stuff my SO had said.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN