Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Know I Shouldn't Complain But............

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

My van took a dump on us and isn't running. My sister had an extra vehicle and she said I could have it.

Great, I'm appreciative. We've been without a vehicle for a week or so and it's been a pain.

I messaged my sister last night and reminded her to make sure she had the title and everything. She said okay.

I get up this morning and get the insurance transferred over (AFTER I finally got the VIN number). They faxed the paper work to the clerk of court. My sister came and got me and asked me 5 times if they for sure had the proof of insurance and I said yes and asked her if she had the title, to which she said yes. She was in a hurry because she had to be to work at 12 and it was 11:15.

We get to the courthouse and go in to have it all transferred over to me and she hands them the registration. They told her they needed the title. She said she didn't have it.

WHAT?! I specifically told you to bring it and I even ASKED you if you had it.

NOW they don't know if they have the title or not (they being her and her mom). If nothing else, they will have to order a new one, which will take another couple of weeks.

*sigh*

My stepmom said "you have insurance on it, just drive it to the store and to work and be very careful until we can get this taken care of"...um...no.......I don't want to get in trouble. The taxes are paid, but the sticker isn't current.

I REALLY hope they find it tonight so we can get this taken care of tomorrow!

Sorry, just needed to vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM

bump

ermka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this
As long as the registration she had was current & you have insurance on it, you should be able to drive it without a problem... I'm not seeing the issue here. Lol. Sorry :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cyork2
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM
this...you would just be using her tags. nothing illegal there

Quoting ermka:

As long as the registration she had was current & you have insurance on it, you should be able to drive it without a problem... I'm not seeing the issue here. Lol. Sorry :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friendlymom5
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I would think as long as you have her permission you can drive it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM
She has the title and registration, just needs a copy and you have insurance on it. So whats the problem. If for some reason you get pulled over and get a ticket, once you show the judge proof the ticket gets dismissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM

as long as the registration is current and you have insurance, you can drive the car legally no problem. it will just take a few weeks to get it transferred into your name. but you can still drive it in the meantime.

Luna091306
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Yup. I don't see the issue either.

Quoting cyork2:

this...you would just be using her tags. nothing illegal there

Quoting ermka:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I don't understand what's so illegal. She has the registration (and it's clear) and there is insurance on the car it's legal. My car is under my mom's name. She put me under her insurance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Quoting ermka:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorisMom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM

This. If its registered and insured, it's legal to drive.

Quoting ermka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN