Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I'm going to punch your baby out"

Posted by   + Show Post
A 4-year old that I babysit just said this to me, after kicking and screaming on my couch for 30 minutes. First I cried, then I texted my husband, and now I'm not sure what comes next. What child says that?
Let me add that the child threw the fit of kicking and screaming while in time-out. He calmed down and asked for a hug. I picked him up to hug him and he looked at me with a very angry but calm face and held his fist up and said this. He is very physical daily with me and the other children, always trying to hit or kick us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Replies (141-146):
Mom2theboy1994
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM

He's four.I'm sure the words took you buy surprise, but four year old are notorious for saying really, well, off the wall things. If you feel the child is a threat, call his parent and have him picked up. Let them know you can not keep the child any longer for fear of the safety of the other children you keep. 

If I were you though, I would tell him in the same sort of manner that I would mention lunch is ready, that hitting in any form is not allowed. Don't make it into a huge deal, because he knows then he has your attention. Let his parent(s) know what was said, and ask that it be addressed. Let them know that you understand kids say things, but it's important for them to emphasis that he absolutely can not put his hands on other children.

D.O.E.
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM

so he has been in prek a month and a half now? i wonder how he is in school. my ds went through a horrible phase when he started prek, just terrible!!!! they wanted to medicate him for goodness sake! he would throw horrible fits, kick, punch and bite, ect. 

after a few months, he had adjusted to the change, and he calmed back down. i wonder if it is just because of the change in routine? 

Quoting AmberRose1122:

He doesn't hit them but he attempts to when he's angry. I don't allow him near the other children when he's angry. He wasn't always this way. He used to be very nice. He started behaving angry when he started preschool, and his mother and I thought it would blow over. It was never as violent as it was yesterday. I wouldn't allow any of the children to be hurt.

Quoting babegr75:

You are watching other children too.? And he hits them why do the other children have to suffer because of this one child why are you letting the other children be abused by this child you need to stop watching this child and tell his mother to take him to therapy . If the other children where mine and I was told this kid hits them I would take my child out of your care because your not keeping him safe and I would call CPS on you to help the other children. Someone has too

twisted_charlie
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM

That child would no longer be welcome in my home.

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Why were you crying cuz the kid said something? He will keep saying mean things as long as you cry like a baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Someone needs a spanking

Why is that the first esponse to hit a child? What is that going to teach him, certainly nothing about kindness and compassion.

Oh yes because all those spankings I got made me hate my mother and turned me into a horrible, hateful person. Let me guess you think spanking is child abuse. I've been on the recieving end of both and I can tell you that it's not child abuse. 

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM
He didn't see me cry.

Quoting Diva-Mami:

Why were you crying cuz the kid said something? He will keep saying mean things as long as you cry like a baby

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured