Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I'm going to punch your baby out"

Posted by   + Show Post
A 4-year old that I babysit just said this to me, after kicking and screaming on my couch for 30 minutes. First I cried, then I texted my husband, and now I'm not sure what comes next. What child says that?
Let me add that the child threw the fit of kicking and screaming while in time-out. He calmed down and asked for a hug. I picked him up to hug him and he looked at me with a very angry but calm face and held his fist up and said this. He is very physical daily with me and the other children, always trying to hit or kick us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
AmberRose1122
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM
But I'm not even his mother!

Quoting anime.princess:

I used to say that to my mom when she was pregnant with my little brother. I remember I was with her at the supermarker and was throwing a tantrum (I was seated at the cart), and I was kicking her belly while I said some horrible things about my soon to be born little brother.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM
this! and dont give it to her!

Quoting TurtleSquish:

a child that wants attention.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbosslady1978
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand why YOU are crying.  You are the adult.  Take action.  Either stop babysitting or let the kid and the kid's parents know you won't tolerate that sort of talk.

AmberRose1122
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
When he throws fits, he kicks at me and the other children. I can't leave him in a room alone. I should add that to my OP so everyone can get a feel of exactly what else this child does.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

so let him throw his fit and just keep your baby safe. Walk away from him. As long as he's not hurting himself there's no reason you should try to comfort someone who refuses to be comforted

Quoting AmberRose1122:

And that's what I thought also, and I've been dealing with his fits for a while now. I always try and soothe him, and it never works. Oy vey.

Quoting TurtleSquish:

a child that wants attention.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberRose1122
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Pregnancy hormones and exhaustion. That's why I cried.

Quoting lilbosslady1978:

I don't understand why YOU are crying.  You are the adult.  Take action.  Either stop babysitting or let the kid and the kid's parents know you won't tolerate that sort of talk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
He's a four year old. Tell him why he can't say it. He doesn't know what exactly that means. Why are you crying over it? It's not like he's some grown man that's trying to get you. It's a 4 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rennez
A four year old made you cry?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Quoting AmberRose1122:

Ah, understood =0)

With light and love

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM

The words of a 4 year old caused you to cry.  Seek therapy.  
The words of a 4 year old caused you to text your husband.  Seek therapy.

And the simple fact that you weren't capable of listening to what that 4 year old was trying to tell you is a wonderful example of how ill-equipped for parenting that you really are.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM

IMO that's not 'childish' that's disturbing.

Quoting Kool_Aide:

You are crying over childish things a 4 year old said?????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)