Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I'm going to punch your baby out"

Posted by   + Show Post
A 4-year old that I babysit just said this to me, after kicking and screaming on my couch for 30 minutes. First I cried, then I texted my husband, and now I'm not sure what comes next. What child says that?
Let me add that the child threw the fit of kicking and screaming while in time-out. He calmed down and asked for a hug. I picked him up to hug him and he looked at me with a very angry but calm face and held his fist up and said this. He is very physical daily with me and the other children, always trying to hit or kick us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
AmberRose1122
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Pregnancy hormones, and sheer exhaustion. He's a lot of work.

Quoting yayay15:

He's a four year old. Tell him why he can't say it. He doesn't know what exactly that means. Why are you crying over it? It's not like he's some grown man that's trying to get you. It's a 4 year old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Some parent's kids...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
What a jerk. I would have told the little shit to try it and karate chopped his ass or something. Douche in training. Tell his mom.
vivi_la_juicy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand. I babysat a little girl over the summer and boy did she get the best of me! Never again will I babysit her! EVER!!!

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Pregnancy hormones, and sheer exhaustion. He's a lot of work.

Quoting Kool_Aide:

You are crying ver childish things a 4 year old said?????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vivi_la_juicy
This made me lol!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

What a jerk. I would have told the little shit to try it and karate chopped his ass or something. Douche in training. Tell his mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberRose1122
I'm actually a pretty great mother and my son never behaved this way. I am
pregnant and exhausted from caring for this extremely difficult and physical child.

Quoting Anonymous:

The words of a 4 year old caused you to cry.  Seek therapy.  
The words of a 4 year old caused you to text your husband.  Seek therapy.

And the simple fact that you weren't capable of listening to what that 4 year old was trying to tell you is a wonderful example of how ill-equipped for parenting that you really are.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I'd ignore him and act like what he said didn't phase me, even if it did make me cry. He's saying it for shock value and to get a reaction. I wouldn't leave him alone with my baby though, obviously.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM

That's pretty normal for a pissed off kid that's frustrated, to lash out to a person that can't lash back.

AmberRose1122
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM
I didn't let him see me cry, that's for sure.

Quoting mich.el.le:

I'd ignore him and act like what he said didn't phase me, even if it did make me cry. He's saying it for shock value and to get a reaction. I wouldn't leave him alone with my baby though, obviously.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberRose1122
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM
I don't know why he would say that though. He lashes out at me all the time, but never like this.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

That's pretty normal for a pissed off kid that's frustrated, to lash out to a person that can't lash back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)