Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why wouldnt you want to get an education?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
  • 126 Replies
Did you graduate highschool?
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college? If you have no education at all then why? Who supports you? How do you pay bills? Do you like what you do? If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Are you on PA? JW how many women on here do and do not have an education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-KC-
by Honesty on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Not relevant to me but I'll bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM
I also realise how important education is, didn't use it , we don't know how lucky we are compared to some .
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting -KC-:

Did you graduate highschool? Yes
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college?

If you have no education at all then why? I have a phlebotomist certificate and I am working toward my RN. Who supports you? My husband of nearly 10 years.  How do you pay bills? See previous statement Do you like what you do? I loved being a lab assistant but want to be a nurse midwife eventually If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Life insurance until I finished school Are you on PA? Nope, never have been. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

-KC-
by Honesty on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I graduated high school. I went to college for two years but didn't graduate. I got my CNA license instead of going back to college. I'm married & I'm a SAHM. I'm not on PA. I might go back to school when the kids are older. We homeschool but I could take night classes. I just don't know what I want to take anymore. It changes a lot :\

Prayers for Chuck Pagano, Colts coach. Fighting Leukemia.

MamaRae85
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I don't have a college education. I was in college but I had to leave for a reason I wish on no one. I didn't go back afterwards because I couldn't get enough aid to be able to afford it. I worked full time until I got married. We make plenty of money, are not on PA, and I very much enjoy what I do. If I were to have to go to work, I would not need an education for the job I am experienced at and would enjoy.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Does it matter. I'm not on PA.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM
I did graduate high school. But I met DH, and got pregnant, so I didn't to to University like I had planned.

He supports us, no I'm not on PA. Right now I'm in the process of returning to University as my kids are older. So, I'm still home for them before and after school, but now I can finally get the education I wanted before we had children.

And yes, I loved being a SAHM....I did it for 10 years. It was more important in our family for me to be home with them then to go back to school.

I'm returning to be a lawyer...it will only take 6 years ( I'm in Canada)...it seems like forever though.
-KC-
by Honesty on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured