Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why wouldnt you want to get an education?

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you graduate highschool?
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college? If you have no education at all then why? Who supports you? How do you pay bills? Do you like what you do? If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Are you on PA? JW how many women on here do and do not have an education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Replies (121-126):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 28 and finally working towards a degree! We have savings that would help for a while, my husband has a life insurance that would also help. If something would happen to my husband, financially we would be fine, mentally not so much.

Education is extremely important to me, and I wish I would have started earlier.
-KC-
by Honesty on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I talked to him about it Saturday. He is giving me till the end of the year to get my liscence. I told him that is possible. lol

If you need someone to talk to and give encouragement, message me. It will be hard and you will have moments where you want to give up. Just remember why you are going to College. I have to tell myself that every now and then.

I am proud of you.

Quoting -KC-:

That sounds tough =/ hope he'll become more understanding. Try having a talk with him, it sucks because seems like youre just trying to do what you gotta do to improve. I recently got my GED and now Im proceeding to get a college degree. GED was extremely easy except the math part, which is my weak subject. My family give me a lot of support even though theyre overseas and it would be so stressful to proceede without it. Good luck!

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

I have my GED. I am in college. I work for my father and am also studying to get my insurance test. My Dad wants me to have my liscence in 3 weeks, but I have told him it is impossible. I also have to study for my other classes. I told him that if I fail this semester, my college life is over. I will not be able to pay for my classes and he knows this. Hopefully he will give me more time because I do like my job and I want to continue college. It is great having a family run insurance business because he knows the problems I have been having. Yes, he will fire me, but he won't when I have to be gone 2 days for my daughter's out of state medical appointments.

-KC-
by Honesty on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM
You also hmu anytime and do what you gotta do. Seems like youre doing a great job (:

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

I talked to him about it Saturday. He is giving me till the end of the year to get my liscence. I told him that is possible. lol

If you need someone to talk to and give encouragement, message me. It will be hard and you will have moments where you want to give up. Just remember why you are going to College. I have to tell myself that every now and then.

I am proud of you.

Quoting -KC-:

That sounds tough =/ hope he'll become more understanding. Try having a talk with him, it sucks because seems like youre just trying to do what you gotta do to improve. I recently got my GED and now Im proceeding to get a college degree. GED was extremely easy except the math part, which is my weak subject. My family give me a lot of support even though theyre overseas and it would be so stressful to proceede without it. Good luck!

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

I have my GED. I am in college. I work for my father and am also studying to get my insurance test. My Dad wants me to have my liscence in 3 weeks, but I have told him it is impossible. I also have to study for my other classes. I told him that if I fail this semester, my college life is over. I will not be able to pay for my classes and he knows this. Hopefully he will give me more time because I do like my job and I want to continue college. It is great having a family run insurance business because he knows the problems I have been having. Yes, he will fire me, but he won't when I have to be gone 2 days for my daughter's out of state medical appointments.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I have my high school diploma, bilingual papers and a trade as well as a small business diploma I did go to university but dropped out. I recently decided to go back to school again after finishing my small business degree and gaining confidence only to have my family laugh in my face. I graduated with honours too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Because some of us are content living off of the government............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)