Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why wouldnt you want to get an education?

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you graduate highschool?
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college? If you have no education at all then why? Who supports you? How do you pay bills? Do you like what you do? If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Are you on PA? JW how many women on here do and do not have an education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
Love060708kids
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Good for you!

I plan on going to school for my master's in psychology after I finish my bachelors in health services management.  I chose that degree just for job purposes.  But anyway, best of luck in your endeavors :)

Quoting shudderette:

I have a high school diploma and a general AA degree from a local community college. I'm in school full time trying to get a BA in psychology. Should finish that in about a year and then I might get my masters so I can be a therapist or school counselor.
I'm also a sahm mom of 2 little boys. My boys have medicaid but we get no other assistance. Neither of us pays child support because their dad and I share custody. My df pays our living expenses for now but when I finish school i'll get a full time job, hopefully one I love.

Sami....
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I graduated HS and college. (and had a child at 14. I was determined to prove everyone wrong.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I graduated from high school and I'm trying for the 3rd time to get my higher education.

Quoting -KC-:

Did you graduate highschool?
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college?

If you have no education at all then why? Who supports you? How do you pay bills? Do you like what you do? If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Are you on PA? JW how many women on here do and do not have an education.

kittiecat88
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I'm working on my bachelors in psych. Education is a must for me personally. I am looking forward to a career in a field I enjoy as well as being able to support my children myself. I am on PA and I hate it. It makes me feel low and ashamed. I cannot wait to graduate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manicMOM_DLC
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I got a GED, joined the army. Got out and now I'm just starting school to be a special education teacher focusing on behaviorally and emotionally challenged kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I graduated high school and will soon be graduating with 3 associates degrees (well one associates and 2 community college of the Air Force degrees).  I am then moving on to a pipeline program where I will get my general studies done for a bachelors and then move into medical school.  This is mainly because I have about 170 credits right now (don't ask, screwed up ways the military does stuff).  

My mom never graduated or received her GED.  I saw how hard things were for her and I told myself that I would never let that happen to me.  

epoh
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I graduated HS and I'm loving the hell out of college.

I pay the bills by working, silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I graduated hs. No desire to go further. My husband is a man and supports our family!
-KC-
by Honesty on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM
At least youre working on making a better living and youre not munching off the system while sittig on your ass. PA is for people who need it, and you seem to be one of those people. So therefore PA is designed for people like you. Good luck (:

Quoting kittiecat88:

I'm working on my bachelors in psych. Education is a must for me personally. I am looking forward to a career in a field I enjoy as well as being able to support my children myself. I am on PA and I hate it. It makes me feel low and ashamed. I cannot wait to graduate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
by Honesty on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you! :)

Quoting epoh:

I graduated HS and I'm loving the hell out of college.

I pay the bills by working, silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)