Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why wouldnt you want to get an education?

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you graduate highschool?
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college? If you have no education at all then why? Who supports you? How do you pay bills? Do you like what you do? If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Are you on PA? JW how many women on here do and do not have an education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Too many nosey questions.

PEEK05
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Yes I did graduate high school.  I have not graduated from college yet.  My husband works full-time and I stay at home with the kids.  I will be resuming my college education when this new baby is about a year old, maybe 6 months-ish. If something happened to my husband, I would go get a job.

Babujai
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I graduated high school and did 4 years of college, but was short credits so I didn't graduate. I work at a bank in the Quality Assurance dept. I've been working there since before DH and kids. DH also works except for 3 years when he was unemployed. I was able to support the family on my own for that period.

I'd love to go back to school. My job does tuition reimbursement, but how much you're reimbursed depends on your grade, so I'm hesitant to start until I know I have the time to do well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
by Honesty on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Then get the movin' to another post. Youre not forced to answer anything, its for those who want to answer. Jesus Christ lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Too many nosey questions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I have a Master's degree and a professional life.

I dunno. To each their own and to all circumstances there are reasons...

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Have an associates degree but quit my job 12yrs ago to raise our children.  I have not worked outside the house in 12yrs and now my degree is 100% antiquated.  Who pays the bills my husband works full time and he brings home a paycheck and I pay the bills.

kittiecat88
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you :) I have had people tell me things such as "That must be so nice to recieve rent help and to get free food." No. You know what would be nice? Paying for every item of food I need MYSELF, and owning a home that I pay for MYSELF! I am no moocher and it hurts me to see all people on PA get judged. I hate that I need it and I am eagerly anticipating the day that I do not require help!! It will feel amazing. :)

Quoting -KC-:

At least youre working on making a better living and youre not munching off the system while sittig on your ass. PA is for people who need it, and you seem to be one of those people. So therefore PA is designed for people like you. Good luck (:

Quoting kittiecat88:

I'm working on my bachelors in psych. Education is a must for me personally. I am looking forward to a career in a field I enjoy as well as being able to support my children myself. I am on PA and I hate it. It makes me feel low and ashamed. I cannot wait to graduate.

CafeMom Tickers
towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I have my GED. I am in college. I work for my father and am also studying to get my insurance test. My Dad wants me to have my liscence in 3 weeks, but I have told him it is impossible. I also have to study for my other classes. I told him that if I fail this semester, my college life is over. I will not be able to pay for my classes and he knows this. Hopefully he will give me more time because I do like my job and I want to continue college. It is great having a family run insurance business because he knows the problems I have been having. Yes, he will fire me, but he won't when I have to be gone 2 days for my daughter's out of state medical appointments.

-KC-
by Honesty on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM
You seem to have a strong head on your shoulders :) The only people that should be ashamed to be on PA are the ones who use it as a permanent lifestyle or pop kids out to stay on it or get more. You do what you gotta do and I wish you all the luck (:

Quoting kittiecat88:

Thank you :) I have had people tell me things such as "That must be so nice to recieve rent help and to get free food." No. You know what would be nice? Paying for every item of food I need MYSELF, and owning a home that I pay for MYSELF! I am no moocher and it hurts me to see all people on PA get judged. I hate that I need it and I am eagerly anticipating the day that I do not require help!! It will feel amazing. :)

Quoting -KC-:

At least youre working on making a better living and youre not munching off the system while sittig on your ass. PA is for people who need it, and you seem to be one of those people. So therefore PA is designed for people like you. Good luck (:

Quoting kittiecat88:

I'm working on my bachelors in psych. Education is a must for me personally. I am looking forward to a career in a field I enjoy as well as being able to support my children myself. I am on PA and I hate it. It makes me feel low and ashamed. I cannot wait to graduate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittiecat88
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Thank you so much! :)

Quoting -KC-:

You seem to have a strong head on your shoulders :) The only people that should be ashamed to be on PA are the ones who use it as a permanent lifestyle or pop kids out to stay on it or get more. You do what you gotta do and I wish you all the luck (:

Quoting kittiecat88:

Quoting -KC-:

Quoting kittiecat88:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN