Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why wouldnt you want to get an education?

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you graduate highschool?
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college? If you have no education at all then why? Who supports you? How do you pay bills? Do you like what you do? If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Are you on PA? JW how many women on here do and do not have an education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Replies (61-70):
ElitestJen
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

High school and college are not the only educational opportunities available.  To assume so, would be a lack of education in itself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting -KC-:

Did you graduate highschool? Yes
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college?

If you have no education at all then why? I have a phlebotomist certificate and I am working toward my RN. Who supports you? My husband of nearly 10 years.  How do you pay bills? See previous statement Do you like what you do? I loved being a lab assistant but want to be a nurse midwife eventually If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Life insurance until I finished school Are you on PA? Nope, never have been. 

So if your Dh wants a divorce-you will have tokill him for the life insurance? because you left out that option.

-KC-
by Honesty on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Getting an education before having kids is easier, but not everybody will follow the education before kids logic. If you decide to continue after kids then that is great. Ged/diploma is basic education, and a lot of people dont even have that. If you(in general) have kids, proceed to go to college, and are on PA I cant knock you down because PA is for people like you. PA is for people who need that extra help, and unless youre abusing it aint nothig wrog with it. Were all humans and everybody walks their own path. Theres no such a thing as one specific path, were all different.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately, a HS/GED today is not considered "educated".  It amazes me that so many have kids before they complete their formal education.  I never understood that.  It makes things way harder for you.  I was just taling to someone who had their first child at 19 and 8 yrs later regrets it.  Regrets being so young and not getting and education, both parents sadly struggling taking in about $400 combined a week(if they are lucky)  Why put yourself in that situation to begin with?  Also, if you need to go on PA because of your poor choices, then it does become everyone's problem.  If you can do it without help, then fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buttersworth
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I graduated high school and then went to a state university for two years. After that I worked to send myself back to school. I attended two more colleges but never earned my degree because of a failed first marriage. I spent considerable time in high school up until I had my first child at 30 yrs old, reading. I learned more reading on my own than anything in any college class anywhere, so despite some formal education, I consider myself self educated (in mostly art history, some philosophy, etc)

I supported myself from my first marriage through 2 yr separation. After that I met my current husband and we both worked. Then we started a family together and from the 8th month of pregnancy from my first child, I have not worked. He has supported me entirely, financially.

Not having had a college degree, I supported myself as a younger single woman by working in the print industry. I also found a really good job at the resource center of a college. If you are uneducated and looking for a good job, become a student for even one semester and you might find a better job to get your foot in the door. If you are intelligent, responsible, reliable and a good employee, they tend to forget your educational status and will like you - and promote you- for your productivity.

Above all, if you can't afford any college make sure you read a lot, and get accustomed to speaking as though ou are educated. This helps open opportunities.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I graduated HS. Went to college and got my BSN. Went to grad school and got my MSN/CRNA. I do not work, I will when my youngest is in school full time. If something happened to my DH I would go back to work now and hire a nanny. CRNA's make great money so keeping up with the lifestyle I'm living now would be easy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2theboy1994
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I'm swear I'm not hitting on you, but is that you in your avatar? Rawr! ;)

Quoting Josie_P:

I'm a lawyer, so yes, I graduated high school, got my BA in English, and then my JD in Law. I support myself. I don't rely on my dh for money. We come together to pay bills. I love practicing law. I love the financial security that I have.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting -KC-:

Did you graduate highschool? Yes
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college?

If you have no education at all then why? I have a phlebotomist certificate and I am working toward my RN. Who supports you? My husband of nearly 10 years.  How do you pay bills? See previous statement Do you like what you do? I loved being a lab assistant but want to be a nurse midwife eventually If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Life insurance until I finished school Are you on PA? Nope, never have been. 

So if your Dh wants a divorce-you will have tokill him for the life insurance? because you left out that option.

I didn't leave the part out. DH and I won't be getting a divorce. We've been married coming up on 10 years and we are extremely happy, even happier then when we first got married.

As I said, I am going to school now. I didn't before because we moved around when DH was in the navy, then we had kids and it was more important to be home with them until we felt they were old enough. Now they are 6 & 7, it's the right time.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

armybratmom612
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM
High school diploma and that's it. I have no plans of going to college. My husband does and I raise the kids. I am happy where I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie_P
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM
No :( lol! I wish!

Quoting Mom2theboy1994:

I'm swear I'm not hitting on you, but is that you in your avatar? Rawr! ;)

Quoting Josie_P:

I'm a lawyer, so yes, I graduated high school, got my BA in English, and then my JD in Law. I support myself. I don't rely on my dh for money. We come together to pay bills. I love practicing law. I love the financial security that I have.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Yes I graduated high school. Now I'm in college going for medical assistant. I do not work. My SO works full time to support us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)