Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why wouldnt you want to get an education?

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you graduate highschool?
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college? If you have no education at all then why? Who supports you? How do you pay bills? Do you like what you do? If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Are you on PA? JW how many women on here do and do not have an education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Replies (71-80):
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM

My education is one of my greatest works aside from the upbringing of my children and my marriage.  

Bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a education, I couldn't imagine having to depend on someone to support my children and I for the rest of my life. There is a small amount of marriages that last when the woman is a sahm. Most men won't admit it but at some point they resent the adult they are supporting. It may take years but it happens. Education is huge when being a woman!
SusanD
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Quoting -KC-:

Did you graduate highschool? Yes
If not did you get a GED instead? N/A If so what about college? Yes, I also went to college If you have no education at all then why? N/A Who supports you? My DH and I are a team, so no one supports anyone else How do you pay bills? Again, we work as a team so no one person is paying the bills. DH and I make certain that we live WELL within our means. In fact, our bills and living expenses are low enough that we can easily live on either one of our salaries alone. Do you like what you do? I LOVE what I do. Its my dream job, or at least for now it is, though at some point I may try other specialties. If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? N/A Are you on PA? No we are not. JW how many women on here do and do not have an education.

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I got kicked out of high school,got my GED,went to beauty school,I'm a SAHM,and my hubby supports me. Some people don't do well in school and just don't want to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
You must be totally dependent on a man, why else get offensive?

Quoting rosemagic01:

Does it matter. I'm not on PA.

Mama_Dolly
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM
i have hs diaploma (on time)
i have some college
i work p/t... but df is the main bread winner... i have a student loan so im waiting to go back to school when ds is in school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I know right! Having a education now a days is ridiculous and utterly stupid! Lmao.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no desire to go to college.  Not everyone wants to get stuck in that cycle.  No thank you.

jamminmomma
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Graduated HS..YES !!! MANY, MANY, MANY YEARS AGO !!!!

In the process of GRADUATING COLLEGE  WITH MY ASSOCIATES DEGREE YAYYYY !!!!! 

THen going on to getting my BACHELORS DEGREE UGGHHH !!!

Work 35 hrs a week, 3 kids ages 15, 14, and 4, dh works 40 hrs a wk.... and plus a MOM TAXI... so I have a full load if u know what I mean with going to school and working and running my kids everywhere and plus doing everything else that I do... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I'm a college grad. I support myself.
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I have my BS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN