Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He made fun of my bush

Posted by   + Show Post

SO and I were chatting the other night, and we were talking about sex.

He out of nowhere said "OH yeah, you're kind of hairy down there..."

After the initial shock wore off, I explained that my vagina in particular is prone to infections more than others, or at least it seems that way. I keep a bush down there (tamed and groomed, of course) because IMO, it helps prevent those infections. The times I shave it all completely, I end up with a yeast infection or BV.

Anyone else have that?

Before you ask, no I do not expect him to go down with my hair, because he didn't when I had no hair.

My creator made me strong enough to withstand any fear, terror, or trauma.
My creator gave me the will to fight for any and everything I love.
Yet, my creator made me soft enough to have love and compassion. 
I'm still standing, on my own two feet.
I was born into this world to fight, and it's painful, but I am accepting of the challenge.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Replies (101-110):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM
No mitt muff here and I've never had any kind of infection down there. Ever. Thank god because there's no way I could handle a pubic hair at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM

there's nothing wrong with that.

i always hated it when a guy would go down on me.

maybe it's because i've been sexually molested my whole life and raped 3 times, idk.

but i still don't like it. it makes me feel dirty.

my hubby went down on me once and i just didn't enjoy myself. i felt gross.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

So wait.  He doesn't go down on you?

Not the point, I know, but man!  You can't be serious.

reesesami
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I'm sure the reason we grow hair is due to an evolutionary need to keep bacteria and dirt out of there but we aren't running around naked in the jungle anymore. Clothing plus showers keeps us plenty clean down there. There have been times when I haven't waxed in a while and have a small bush and I feel like it traps sweat during the day. I always feel filthy when I have hair but fresh and clean when I don't.

Quoting starry_dreamer:

Ok I could be crazy but doesn't that hair play the same way to an extent as eye lashes and eyebrows do to our eyes or nose hair to our nose? :/ I keep it clean down there so I'm just as guilty but there has to be a reason we get hair. I wonder of it stops growing at a certain point. Could you imagine the jungle if someone never trimmed or shaved or waxed it EVER! O.O

Quoting reesesami:

I don't see why shaving would give you a yeast infection. That seems like something I would talk with a doctor about. In my opinion, I feel MUCH cleaner and healthier down there without hair but I get waxed because I don't like shaving.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I have to shave all mine off. I hate having hair on my vajayjay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeduhh
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Hair there is there for that exact purpose. Mine is gone but it's purpose is to keep bacteria and what not out of there and some are more prone to it all. I get uti s super easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM
I shave mine completely except when pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nevaNabismommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM
My thought too. My dh makes a point to do it everytime we have sex. I feel bad for women who miss out on this.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

So wait.  He doesn't go down on you?

Not the point, I know, but man!  You can't be serious.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM

i couldnt stand having hair like that! i cant stand hair!

JuliannaRenee
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM

When you shave it all off are you using shaving cream? that gives me infections.... perhaps get a beard trimmer thing (like men use on the head and beard).. it will give you a semi-close shave or at least a short trim and it can be used without shaving cream of any sort..

my area is allergic to a lot of soaps, lotions, sprays, toys, oils.... etc.

Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
I feel your pain, so now I just keep it trim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured