Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He made fun of my bush

Posted by   + Show Post

SO and I were chatting the other night, and we were talking about sex.

He out of nowhere said "OH yeah, you're kind of hairy down there..."

After the initial shock wore off, I explained that my vagina in particular is prone to infections more than others, or at least it seems that way. I keep a bush down there (tamed and groomed, of course) because IMO, it helps prevent those infections. The times I shave it all completely, I end up with a yeast infection or BV.

Anyone else have that?

Before you ask, no I do not expect him to go down with my hair, because he didn't when I had no hair.

My creator made me strong enough to withstand any fear, terror, or trauma.
My creator gave me the will to fight for any and everything I love.
Yet, my creator made me soft enough to have love and compassion. 
I'm still standing, on my own two feet.
I was born into this world to fight, and it's painful, but I am accepting of the challenge.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

if it was me, I don't think I'd be with a guy that didn't have more sesitivity to such issues, but that's me.

I don't have too much to say for a guy that acts like that, but don't think there's anything wrong with you, or that all men feel that way.

I'm a cam model, and I did this nice bikini wax to get me where I thought the guys liked it, and sure enough guys were telling me they liked it all hairy. and I mean hairy to where some liked it when it showed big time past your swimsuit line!

back when I was waxed to being as hair free as the day I was born, I didn't hear from one guy that actually liked it.they all took the attitude that they liked women to look like a grown woman!

that's my experience! I only wax once in a blue moon now because my dh likes it as a treat every once in a while. other than that, no reason to bother!

don't do anything that is going to give you a infection. you guy's reaction just makes me roll my eyes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM
I keep mine trimmed, just the way dh likes it ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM
I always shave. Never get infections, unless I'm on an antibiotic.
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

seriously, it's not the cause. google causes yeast infection

i always get 1 after taking antibiotics. increased sugar consumption could be the cause too. there are others as well

Quoting hp2011:

idk, but i've connected them over the last 5 years of hair vs no hair.

Quoting ripemango:

i dunno what a BV is but there should not be any correlation btwn a shaved monkey and getting yeast infections

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I use to get infections all the time! finally after 6 yrs of constant yeast infections my dr suggested I shave completely for 2 mos to see if that would help. I haven't had an infection since & that was over 10yrs ago. i think puss bush is so freaking gross!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Yeah it's be nice to find something that will do a better job at taming. Yeah, I get super bad razor burn when I shave my pubic area.. Ouch! It doesn't even matter what I try! I've given up.. But it grows back so fast and I can't keep up.

Quoting hp2011:

i had a shick quatro with a buzzing razor thing on the end and it rocked. i lost it when we moved, but i have every intention of getting another one. LOL 

Quoting MistyMoo:

Mostly a razor because I can always find them lol..

Quoting hp2011:

what do you use to trim?

Quoting MistyMoo:

I used I shave it all, but Its too much.. I just end up with bad razor burn and it hurts so I don't wan to have sex anyways.. But if I just keep it nice and short and well trimmed its fine. DH doesn't mind as long as I don't have this big nasty jungle down there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM

well, if he started having interest in going down, i'd shave it some more, but that's not the case, so why bother, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

if it was me, I don't think I'd be with a guy that didn't have more sesitivity to such issues, but that's me.

I don't have too much to say for a guy that acts like that, but don't think there's anything wrong with you, or that all men feel that way.

I'm a cam model, and I did this nice bikini wax to get me where I thought the guys liked it, and sure enough guys were telling me they liked it all hairy. and I mean hairy to where some liked it when it showed big time past your swimsuit line!

back when I was waxed to being as hair free as the day I was born, I didn't hear from one guy that actually liked it.they all took the attitude that they liked women to look like a grown woman!

that's my experience! I only wax once in a blue moon now because my dh likes it as a treat every once in a while. other than that, no reason to bother!

don't do anything that is going to give you a infection. you guy's reaction just makes me roll my eyes.

I was born into this world to fight, and it's painful, but I am accepting of the challenge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Ew.
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I heard on here that if you put deodorant on your pubic area after shaving (not inside your vag) then it helps, but I haven't tried it yet.

Quoting MistyMoo:

Yeah it's be nice to find something that will do a better job at taming. Yeah, I get super bad razor burn when I shave my pubic area.. Ouch! It doesn't even matter what I try! I've given up.. But it grows back so fast and I can't keep up.

Quoting hp2011:

i had a shick quatro with a buzzing razor thing on the end and it rocked. i lost it when we moved, but i have every intention of getting another one. LOL 

Quoting MistyMoo:

Mostly a razor because I can always find them lol..

Quoting hp2011:

what do you use to trim?

Quoting MistyMoo:

I used I shave it all, but Its too much.. I just end up with bad razor burn and it hurts so I don't wan to have sex anyways.. But if I just keep it nice and short and well trimmed its fine. DH doesn't mind as long as I don't have this big nasty jungle down there.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

You are right it prevents infections and is there to protect you! I keep my tame and groomed as well I use to shave when I was in my 20's but not no more. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)