Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

imho,i would put Eminem right up there alongside Bob Dylan.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
As poets go.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Replies (191-197):
mich.el.le
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting Delila12:

I wouldn't doubt that. He's a music artist. And why don't you just read till you get to the end, and stop quoting me everytime you come accross my name and response. It's not that big of a deal.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Delila12:

LOL. Its not that I'm not well versed, its that the type iI listen to is more than likely not the type you are inglorious that Bob Dylan is into. I doubt you would know who Heather Headley is and whether or not she fits in the same category as Estelle.

Quoting louzannalady:

*eyes wide* Or maybe you are just not very well-versed in music, sweetie....

Quoting Delila12:

LOL. It would probably take less time to just tell me who the dude is, and why he's so important. He's obviously not that famous.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Delila12:

Idk who Bob Dylan is, but I agree. I love Eminen.

Quoting JZB:

He is one of the most gifted artists out there lyrically

You may be well versed in the type of music YOU like to listen to but you aren't well versed in music.  I guarantee EMinem knows who Bob Dylan is.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to quote you. lmao  I shall refrain from every quoting your ignorant butt again.

hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:49 PM
if that's your opinion, go with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM
I didn't say you weren't allowed to quote. I just think its stupid to keep quoting after a billion of other people have already done it. But I would greatly appreciate of you would stop quoting me. No need for me talking to your stupid butt.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Delila12:

I wouldn't doubt that. He's a music artist. And why don't you just read till you get to the end, and stop quoting me everytime you come accross my name and response. It's not that big of a deal.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Delila12:

LOL. Its not that I'm not well versed, its that the type iI listen to is more than likely not the type you are inglorious that Bob Dylan is into. I doubt you would know who Heather Headley is and whether or not she fits in the same category as Estelle.

Quoting louzannalady:

*eyes wide* Or maybe you are just not very well-versed in music, sweetie....

Quoting Delila12:

LOL. It would probably take less time to just tell me who the dude is, and why he's so important. He's obviously not that famous.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Delila12:

Idk who Bob Dylan is, but I agree. I love Eminen.

Quoting JZB:

He is one of the most gifted artists out there lyrically

You may be well versed in the type of music YOU like to listen to but you aren't well versed in music.  I guarantee EMinem knows who Bob Dylan is.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to quote you. lmao  I shall refrain from every quoting your ignorant butt again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM
I heard the Chamber has a copy of it, but don't quote me. You could call and ask (speak to Lori).

Quoting Anonymous:

I've got a dvd of him with some really old footage of him at school, didn't show that bit tho.

Quoting charliebean:

Hibbing, Minnesota. Gram says he sat behind her in class and would constantly poke her in the back with a pencil and ask her to go into the supply room with him to have sex (this was in like 6th grade). The story goes that he entered a talent show at the school, and when he went on stage he just went nuts. Smacking his guitar strings and howling out random words that made no sense. He was booed off stage, but before he left he flicked off the audience of students and said something like "fuck you, Hibbing! I'm gonna be famous someday and I'm never coming back!" and true to his word, he hasn't. The city has asked him to visit and he refuses.

I lived a block away from his childhood home and there's a bar there named after him (called Zimmy's, his real last name is Zimmerman). I used to work at the Chamber of Commerce and they would organize the week long "Dylan Days" every summer.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow,were is your grandma from? I would love to listen to her talk about him.

Quoting charliebean:

My Grandma grew up with Bob Dylan (he's from our hometown). She said he was weird and annoying and no one really liked him cuz he was an asshole, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Famousglm714
by Gina on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM
I agree but I'd say Jim Morrison instead of Dylan. Lol. I'm just not a huge Dylan fan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imafuswb
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM
I think they're both crap, lol. Okay, maybe that's a harsh way of putting it. But I just don't like either one of their music.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:18 PM

This exactly.

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

I like Eminem, but no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)