Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

imho,i would put Eminem right up there alongside Bob Dylan.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
As poets go.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM

uh....okey dokey with that

winkyloafer
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
A lot younger. Regardless of musical interest, I would have figured most people your age would know who he is. Hell, I don't listen to that genre of music and know who he is!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Dylan

Quoting Delila12:

38. My age isn't the issue. It's a Guy whose genre I am unaware of. Obviously, I'm a rap listener, idk which the hell Bob Dylan is because he obviously does not rap, do r&b, or sing soul music. How old are you?

Quoting winkyloafer:

How old are you?

Quoting Delila12:

LOL. It would probably take less time to just tell me who the dude is, and why he's so important. He's obviously not that famous.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Delila12:

Idk who Bob Dylan is, but I agree. I love Eminen.

Quoting JZB:

He is one of the most gifted artists out there lyrically

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nataliesmom2012
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm right there with you except I'm only 21.

Quoting louzannalady:

I was raised right! I am only 28, but I know who CCR, Simon and Garfunkel, The Eagles, Sam the Sham and the Pharohs all are.... I am just flabberghasted this person doesn't know DYLAN!!!
Quoting Anonymous:

My 14 yo knows who he is.  Maybe you should research.

Quoting Delila12:

LOL. It would probably take less time to just tell me who the dude is, and why he's so important. He's obviously not that famous.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting JZB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM
How does age have anything to do with music genre? There are young people who listen to songs from back in the day. Matter of fact, nobody in music now would be where they are at without those from back in the day. All I said was that I agree with pp but I don't know who this dude is.

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

Umm wow... That was unexpected. Age has a lot to do with what artists you may know. I was thinking you were going to say like 17.

Quoting Delila12:

38. My age isn't the issue. It's a Guy whose genre I am unaware of. Obviously, I'm a rap listener, idk which the hell Bob Dylan is because he obviously does not rap, do r&b, or sing soul music. How old are you?

Quoting winkyloafer:

How old are you?

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting JZB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:38 PM
My mom was born in 1957 and listened to everything from Mozart to Johnny Cash to Kansas to CCR to George Strait to Nine Inch Nails to Limp Bizkit to Eminem.... Everything. I am the same way and only 28- well, 29 in December and I know who Dylan is! It is important to get out there and learn about American history! : (

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting winkyloafer:

How old are you?

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting JZB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ALWsMomma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Really??!! How old are you?

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting JZB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you live under a rock? He is only one of the most famous and talented song writers of all time. It is like saying you never heard of Jesus!

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting winkyloafer:

How old are you?

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting JZB:

vicky33006
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Eminem is incredibly talented. I think even people who don't like his music would have to admit his talent if they really listened to the lyrics in his songs. He's my favorite artist.... I'm not sure I would have thought to compare him to Bob Dylan, but his talent is undeniable and I would put him on par with Bob Dylan.

Delila12
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:40 PM
OK. But you also have to take into account of what background I'm from, and I hate to say it, but my race. Not saying that only certain races know of his genre, but that its least likely that I would know. Besides I lied. I'm Only 21. Lol

Quoting winkyloafer:

A lot younger. Regardless of musical interest, I would have figured most people your age would know who he is. Hell, I don't listen to that genre of music and know who he is!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Dylan

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting winkyloafer:

How old are you?

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting JZB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I like Eminem, but the two cannot even be compared. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)