Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this frustrate you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Everyday dh takes $20 to work. We agreed that we can afford for him to spend $10 a day (ciggs, snacks and drinks) but he continuously takes $20 and spends it all.

He also gets a soda everyday on his way home. He never brings home anything for me to drink, just a soda for himself.

I spend $10-15 a week in groceries because I shop at dollar tree. I only get chicken and premade meatballs because we can't afford much. We don't qualify for pa so I dont get to buy meats. He spends more in 1 day than I do in 1 week!

Would this bother you?

Eta: I make him a lunch everyday. It's usually leftovers but it's enough to fill him up!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
BEast915
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

If he works 5 days a week that is $100 a week. We spend $200 every two weeks for groceries for a family of 5. I make DH lunch everyday for work. We also include soda and meat in our food budget. It would get me angry. My DH hardly spends any extra money for lunch.

GLO682
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM
He needs to get his priorities in order. I wouldn't put up with this .

Quoting Anonymous:

I pack his lunch everyday. It's usually left overs if we have any. He wants fountain drinks I have gotten sodas but he doesn't drink them

Quoting GLO682:

Yea no shit. That makes no sense. Buy some lunch meat and bread to take to work and a case of generic soda at the dollar store. Makes no sense for him to blow that money

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Conner_Ian
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM
That's how he is! He will drink 3-4 energy drinks a day!

Quoting livelaughlov26:

Uh..yeah!!! You need to talk to him. I get frustrated with my husband for spending too much on snacks and energy drinks. One month I counted it up and sometimes he wastes 200-300 a month on fast food and all that crap. It pisses me off!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM
I do qualify for pa and I can't afford meat in my budget either unless you count salami or Bologna ..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM

TROLL!!!!!

TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM

It would bother me a lot!!!! He can spend $100 a week on crap and I am supposed to spend $15 a week for food? Time to make his lunches. Send snacks and a can of soda to work. Absolutely no cash in his pocket. Then you would be able to buy fresh food and meats. It's just a matter of being able to GENTLY explain the budget and ask for some cooperation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM
He works 6 days a week plus he buys his boss food!!

Quoting BEast915:

If he works 5 days a week that is $100 a week. We spend $200 every two weeks for groceries for a family of 5. I make DH lunch everyday for work. We also include soda and meat in our food budget. It would get me angry. My DH hardly spends any extra money for lunch.

armywife0424
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM
It sounds like you married a selfish asshole. Put your foot down!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I do make his lunches! That's what I don't understand

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

It would bother me a lot!!!! He can spend $100 a week on crap and I am supposed to spend $15 a week for food? Time to make his lunches. Send snacks and a can of soda to work. Absolutely no cash in his pocket. Then you would be able to buy fresh food and meats. It's just a matter of being able to GENTLY explain the budget and ask for some cooperation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)