Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long do you keep bras? I was shopping at Lane Bryant this evening and I heard the sales lady tell someone that they only reccommend keeping a bra for six months. Ummm I am sorry but if I spend 60$ on a bra, it better last longer than six months!!!

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Replies (11-19):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I have some from Walmart or something that I wash with all my other clothes. I think automatically goes to warm water, and I dry them all the time... I have had some of my bras I've had like 5 or so years and they're almost like new (as in nothing breaking, stretched or worn out, etc) since I primarily only wear 4 of them now they get washed pretty often too.
I hated my vs bra I wore it for like an hour and gave it to my aunt because I couldnt stand it :( they have some super cute ones too

Quoting Not_A_Native:

If you take care of them (wash only in cold water, never put them in the dryer) and they're well made, they can easily last years.  I had some from VS (no longer made) that were still in great shape for 7 years.  Have some now from Soma that are going on 3 years and still look like new.

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:32 PM

i keep it until it dies. if my boobs start to hurt then i know it is a bad bra.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM

No LB bra has EVER lasted me six months.  They've been getting cheaper and cheaper quality lately, and the fit is becoming terrible.  Same size and style when measured, but they bulge out weird or pinch where they never used to.  My friends notice it too, so it isn't just me.

That said, I just pay attention to how the bra is performing.  Once I notice it is sagging, bulging, loose, etc I retire it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Until they start to fall apart, lmfao I didn't know you were only suppossed to wear them a certain amount of time

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I replace mine atleast once a year.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM

When it dies, I stop wearing it.

got3boyz
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I wear them until the fall apart

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Until the elastic starts getting stretched out.  I have several, so I don't know how long I keep them.

Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Until it falls apart and / or doesn't fit. I don't know how to bra shop and get weird looks every time I ask for help so I'm not even sure mine fit me properly :/ how freaking lame is that! 24 and don't know this ... So yea, I don't go often...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)