Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg. Negative carseat post! Edit

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM
  • 75 Replies
A fried of mine is having a little
Boy from her sons class spend the night ( they are in 1st grade ). His mom dropped him off and she asked for a carseat and she said no he is fine he doesn't need one . Ok this boy is small like really small. So my friend was goin to meet me. But refused to put him in her car till she found a seat for him. Which she did. She called me a d told me about it on her way here. And omg this kid
Is small my dd has a tall torso and just started fiting in a backless booster. I can't believe this kid
Is not in a carseat ( and could probably still be harnessed). He is the same size my dd was web she was 4

Edit So when the mom came
To pick him up today my friend gave her the extra carseat and explained to her that he still needs to be in one and how as he gets taller the straps come out and it will brake down in to a hbb and nbb Fingers crossed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Endo.girl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
A reason to hold onto a carseat after the kiddo grows out of it. I have a infant bucket seat, convertable carseat, ff carseat, high back booster, and backless booster. In my garage and my mom thinks im insane and she used to do emerg├źncy foster care. You never know when you will need one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM
No you are so right we have a harness rf/ff one and a nautilus that are both still good jus not in use. I told her after she told me all of this that I had one I could have brought her

Quoting Endo.girl:

A reason to hold onto a carseat after the kiddo grows out of it. I have a infant bucket seat, convertable carseat, ff carseat, high back booster, and backless booster. In my garage and my mom thinks im insane and she used to do emerg├źncy foster care. You never know when you will need one

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Endo.girl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I have them all thanks to babysitting my neice so much. I prefered to buy my own because i knew it was the safest for her to be in. Ie well cared for, not expired and installed correctly. And when dd came along i didn't need to buy a new one lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaidansmylife
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I have a car seat for every age, even though my kids are in booster seats. LOL.

RLT2
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I see it all the time when I drop my daughter off at preschool.  Makes me feel nauseated, alot of them aren't even in seatbelts

TLIF1281
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM

The other day I saw 2 kids probably both under teh age of five from their sizes sitting in the very back of a station wagon while 2 teenagers sat in the seats. Plus the driver was not only smoking but also texting. Really?! Your kids are not only not wearing seatbelts but also not in their carseats but you are also doing not only one but 2 things that distract a driver?! FACEPALM! 

Sami....
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM
What state are you in? That's probably illegal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I bought a seat for a friends daughter bc she needed me to pick her up and take her to the dr but her dh had the car and seat! She was going to let her ride without and she was 2!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM

O,o I guess this is a good reason to hold on to the extra carseat I have now even though my son doesn't use it anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured