Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT! My sister had a stroke, I am worried because she says she does not like Doctors and thinks they are quacks so now what?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

My mom constantly calls and tells me I should be more like my sister who runs like 3 miles a day, works 70 hours a week (she is not married and does not have kids tho, has a bf tho, never wants kids) and she does not take any medications for anxiety, she says they are all bad and horrid for you! Well I am overweight and she calls my mom daily and tells my mom I'm gonna die (and my mom is a worry wart so this is bs of her to do) she tells my mom its bad that I take xanax and temazapam I take in the evenings, that I should deal with having anxiety, these drugs will kill me! And she complains me being a mother and in college isn't enough I should work harder like her and have multiple jobs. Well now she had a minor stroke. Guess who I am not taking health advice from???? I am glad she is okay, but she seriously called my mom yesterday bitching that xanax is evil still because my mom is starting it. Umm maybe if she would not work so hard and admit she had some anxiety issues she wouldn't have had a stroke. I understand she thinks she is perfect because she works so hard, but she needs to take it easy, and she is giving my mom bad advice. I said to my mom today, umm she had a minor stroke last week! Who are you gonna listen to? Your Dr, and someone who has taken the medicine as needed for years or someone who obviously has too much stress? My mom filled her script. Thank god. Please everyone pray for my sister her name is Tanya that she sees the light and stops overworking before she has a MAJOR stroke. I don't know why she thinks she has to be perfect and everyone else does...its so sad.

EDIT---THE MAJOR REASON I am worried is she is the type of person she says she knows better than Doctors. She has been saying this for years. If she is not gonna take their advice, or who knows what then she could have a major stroke. Anyone thinking this post was about sibling resentment, well you misunderstood. I just don't want her giving my sick mother advice (my mom is unhealthy, mentally, and is starting to have some physical issues) I want my mom to TRUST Doctors. And I really feel like it's a bad thing that my sister will not listen to Doctors. Like I said BEFORE PLEASE keep her in your thoughts and prayers, and my mother too. Neither of them are doing well, and I wish for them BOTH to be healthy, and trust their Doctor.

Let me add...my sister teaches BALLET. She has been in BALLET her whole life, she still does some Ballets which she struggles with at her age still getting into some, but it is her passion, and she is naturally not stick thin. Everyone knows that Ballet has a reputation for making women feel bad about their bodies if they don't live up to a certain standard. My sister is always on a diet when I see her despite the fact she works out like a mad woman. I think it is time for a talk. Thank you everyone who sent warm wishes.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM
6 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM

umm okay my sister still had a stroke...odd reply

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Oh and in case anyone wants to know my sister does not smoke, she does not really drink other than some red wine, and never to get drunk, and she is not on any hormonal BC. I asked my mom all these questions because I thought maybe that would be a reason why she had a stroke so young. I mean she mid thirties. I am her baby sister in my late twenties, so I was just shocked to think of her having one unless it had to do with perhaps BC, but my mom claims my sister does not use it, she is just "careful" which is crazy because she has no kids somehow. I mean I have only one kid, but I use hormonal BC. She is only my half sister, so I don't know if HER dad has a history of this stuff in his family, but my Dad's family, and my Mom's does not. It's just really odd.

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Will keep your sister in my prayers. Yes, I agree ... What an odd response.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I am frustrated that this was not a wakeup call for her, and she still thinks she should dictate to others how they should live, and for her to "SLOW DOWN" but hopefully well...hopefully something will get her to slow it down before anything major happens. She has always been like this. As long as I can remember, she has always been Miss. Gotta wake up early, jog 3 miles then go to her day job then go to her night job which is teaching a dance class, and she teaches multiple ones so that is hard work too....she needs to put some brakes on.

Thanks for the prayers. I just want her to slow down before its too late.

Quoting graciesnycmama:

Will keep your sister in my prayers. Yes, I agree ... What an odd response.

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
both of you have big issues! neither of you should dispense advice!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM
sister of the year!^^^
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Maybe she is just worried about your weight and your insecure so it rubs you the wrong way. I hate sibling jealously.
702girly
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:21 AM

She need a wake up call because she's too healthy and productive?

eye rolling

ashellbell
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:23 AM
You sound like you have some issues you need to work on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)