Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT! My sister had a stroke, I am worried because she says she does not like Doctors and thinks they are quacks so now what?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My mom constantly calls and tells me I should be more like my sister who runs like 3 miles a day, works 70 hours a week (she is not married and does not have kids tho, has a bf tho, never wants kids) and she does not take any medications for anxiety, she says they are all bad and horrid for you! Well I am overweight and she calls my mom daily and tells my mom I'm gonna die (and my mom is a worry wart so this is bs of her to do) she tells my mom its bad that I take xanax and temazapam I take in the evenings, that I should deal with having anxiety, these drugs will kill me! And she complains me being a mother and in college isn't enough I should work harder like her and have multiple jobs. Well now she had a minor stroke. Guess who I am not taking health advice from???? I am glad she is okay, but she seriously called my mom yesterday bitching that xanax is evil still because my mom is starting it. Umm maybe if she would not work so hard and admit she had some anxiety issues she wouldn't have had a stroke. I understand she thinks she is perfect because she works so hard, but she needs to take it easy, and she is giving my mom bad advice. I said to my mom today, umm she had a minor stroke last week! Who are you gonna listen to? Your Dr, and someone who has taken the medicine as needed for years or someone who obviously has too much stress? My mom filled her script. Thank god. Please everyone pray for my sister her name is Tanya that she sees the light and stops overworking before she has a MAJOR stroke. I don't know why she thinks she has to be perfect and everyone else does...its so sad.

EDIT---THE MAJOR REASON I am worried is she is the type of person she says she knows better than Doctors. She has been saying this for years. If she is not gonna take their advice, or who knows what then she could have a major stroke. Anyone thinking this post was about sibling resentment, well you misunderstood. I just don't want her giving my sick mother advice (my mom is unhealthy, mentally, and is starting to have some physical issues) I want my mom to TRUST Doctors. And I really feel like it's a bad thing that my sister will not listen to Doctors. Like I said BEFORE PLEASE keep her in your thoughts and prayers, and my mother too. Neither of them are doing well, and I wish for them BOTH to be healthy, and trust their Doctor.

Let me add...my sister teaches BALLET. She has been in BALLET her whole life, she still does some Ballets which she struggles with at her age still getting into some, but it is her passion, and she is naturally not stick thin. Everyone knows that Ballet has a reputation for making women feel bad about their bodies if they don't live up to a certain standard. My sister is always on a diet when I see her despite the fact she works out like a mad woman. I think it is time for a talk. Thank you everyone who sent warm wishes.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Replies (51-59):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I said she was overworking, and I guess I should have specified she has jobs that she works out at WORK. And added I don't think she is eating enough. I fucked up because I am stressed out, and I have been crying because my mom has some sort of disease going on that she just found out about in her intestines and my sister had a minor stroke, and it seems like I am the only one who is healthy when they all think I am gonna drop over dead, which I guess I could, I am still young, I am just so fucking worried, and I am a worry wart.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Well you are talking to a bunch of people who don't know her...you realize that right? You didn't have all of this information in your OP...

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you so sure of it? Why isn't it at least worth discussing with her? I mean, my DH even just said "your sister does not eat much, everytime I see her, she is picking at her food, and she should be eating like a body builder for what she works out" I would rather approach the subject and be dead wrong and get yelled at then be right and maybe save her life.

Quoting OneToughMami:

She is probably eating more that you think.

pse07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Thank you :-)

Quoting LeiahAsh2012:

Doctor Who. :)

Quoting pse07:

What is this from?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeiahAsh2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:38 AM
No problem. I didn't post it but I watch that show obsessively. It's fantastic.

Quoting pse07:

Quoting LeiahAsh2012:

Quoting pse07:

What is this from?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:38 AM

hey sure no problem

Quoting chairhead28:

Quoting Anonymous:

No problem. :)
When you do talk to your mom, you should update or shoot me a PM... I am curious to know and see if maybe it helped in some way. :)
Sometimes just being able to talk to someone that has gone through it or knows symptoms of it is helpful.

pse07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Have never seen it. We only have DVDs and Netflix in my house.

Quoting LeiahAsh2012:

Quoting pse07:

Quoting LeiahAsh2012:

Quoting pse07:

What is this from?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:44 AM

It is my fault too...I should have included more info in the OP...I am stressed to the max myself. I am so worried about her and my mom. I actually do have sibling resentment with my oldest sister, I am not perfect, but even her I wouldn't be happy if anything bad happened. My oldest sister is just a really mean person, I mean everytime I see her she has something mean to say, my middle sister isn't like that, she is just high stress, and paranoid? And I don't know. She is very gloomy...I mean she always says "I won't have kids because the world is a rotten place." It is definitely gloomy, borderline depressed maybe?

Quoting ashellbell:

My apologies for misreading, it can be hard to tell on here.

Quoting Anonymous:

I actually know about some of your issues. You would probably not take this post with malice if you know we know each other. Let's just leave it at, trust me you misread it, and I mistyped it. It's MY fault. I will take the blame for miswording things, I am just so fucking worried about my sister putting so much strain on herself

Quoting ashellbell:

I didn't say it to mean. Sibling resentment is not uncommon and can come out at odd times. Granted, text can be hard to determine the tone of what's being said. I've gone through sibling resentment with my sister, me being the resentful one.

Quoting Anonymous:

What the fuck? HELL NO. Amy...umm hell no...

I don't resent my sister at all. I am worried about her. I am worried because she thinks she knows everything and is always saying Doctors don't know anything and can't be trusted and now she has a stroke, so wtf are we gonna do?!?!? And what's worse is my mom is getting old and sick and I don't want my mom taking her advice thus the title for the post, but honestly the post shouldn't have even had my mom's name in it, because my mom isn't gonna die tomorrow, neither is my sister, but I AM worried about both of them.

Quoting ashellbell:

I mean your resentment you have towards your sister. You almost seem happy that it happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey I recognize I am not perfect thus I am making changes in my diet, and I have incorporated exercise into my routine slowly. I need to take off 50 lbs. Obviously I am not perfect, I have an anxiety disorder. That is the definition of imperfect.

Quoting ashellbell:

You sound like you have some issues you need to work on.

LeiahAsh2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:44 AM
They've got quite a lot of it on Netflix. You should check it out. :)

Quoting pse07:

Quoting LeiahAsh2012:

Quoting pse07:

Quoting LeiahAsh2012:

Quoting pse07:

What is this from?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pse07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:06 AM
I will :-)

Quoting LeiahAsh2012:

They've got quite a lot of it on Netflix. You should check it out. :)

Quoting pse07:

Quoting LeiahAsh2012:

Quoting pse07:

Quoting LeiahAsh2012:

Quoting pse07:

What is this from?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Doctor who.

Quoting pse07:

What is this from?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN