Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

these things are outside my house. :'( - spider pics, i was asked to put a warning-

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and i'm positive they'll eat me in my sleep while hubby is working an overnight.  these particular two are gone, but i know they have friends!  ugggghhh. 

does anyone know what they are?

EDIT   didn't see a diamond anywhere on the black one.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:04 AM

thanks.  i'll never put shoes on again now.  lol

Quoting bmw29:

They also like the inside of my shoes in the closet. :(

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Recluse are found in cool, damp, dark spaces like crawl spaces, under decks, things like that. They are also found in forests (we had to watch out for them when we were in the field during basic) that are damp and cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

he was on my garage door when i closed it.... im not sure if that's open.  i'm glad you don't think it's a recluse though.  lordie.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I am confident in saying it isn't a recluse. I have spiders here that have the fiddle shape as well, that is not exclusive to the recluse. It is highly unlikely that a recluse would be hanging out in the open like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

That brown one is NOT a house spider. It's a recluse. I can see the "fiddle shape" clearly in that photo! KILL IT! Stop talking about it & KILL IT!! For God's sake, it's a SPIDER- SQUASH THE DAMN THING!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll see if i can get brave and walk outside.... see if it's still in a heap by my front door.  EEEEK.  the brown one was really flat looking, it was weird.  it looks bumped up in the pic, but it wasn't.

Quoting helema24:

the one on the bottom is a hobo/house spider and completely harmless you should see some of those we get here in fl. the one on th etop looks more like a mimic widow than a real one but as i said in my opp i would need to see the back and tummy (torso) to know!!

Quoting .thatsme.:

Black widow and brown recluse?

Cpdsptchgrl
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM
You are very welcome! Just a simple wolf spider sends me into a panic so I feel your pain! LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

wealth of knowledge!  i feel a little better now though.  thank you :)

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Recluse are found in cool, damp, dark spaces like crawl spaces, under decks, things like that. They are also found in forests (we had to watch out for them when we were in the field during basic) that are damp and cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

he was on my garage door when i closed it.... im not sure if that's open.  i'm glad you don't think it's a recluse though.  lordie.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I am confident in saying it isn't a recluse. I have spiders here that have the fiddle shape as well, that is not exclusive to the recluse. It is highly unlikely that a recluse would be hanging out in the open like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

That brown one is NOT a house spider. It's a recluse. I can see the "fiddle shape" clearly in that photo! KILL IT! Stop talking about it & KILL IT!! For God's sake, it's a SPIDER- SQUASH THE DAMN THING!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll see if i can get brave and walk outside.... see if it's still in a heap by my front door.  EEEEK.  the brown one was really flat looking, it was weird.  it looks bumped up in the pic, but it wasn't.

Quoting helema24:

the one on the bottom is a hobo/house spider and completely harmless you should see some of those we get here in fl. the one on th etop looks more like a mimic widow than a real one but as i said in my opp i would need to see the back and tummy (torso) to know!!

Quoting .thatsme.:

Black widow and brown recluse?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birthymom4
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM

It is also not a male black widow. The below is, and they are SUPER rare to see.

What size is the black spider (In comparison to a coin)?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM

OH MY GOD.  so i can't wear shoes AND i have to creep on all my drains now forever until i die.  :/

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I have huge wolf spiders that crawl up the drain into my bath tub. I now keep the plug in it at all times.

Quoting bmw29:

I don't want any of those damn things. We have those, brown recluse, wolf spiders, black widows, red velvet ants and those scary ass cricket spiders. :(

Quoting helema24:

spider studyehem thest things live where my husband is from and they reach 8 inches and have been found to be up to 10 inches in some places... umm ill take the one you took a pic over those...and for those that dont know its a camel spider!! 

Quoting bmw29:

LMAO I'll keep them away I swear. Those things are NOT supposed to be around here. :( That's some crazy shit from Australia.

Quoting Apollos82:

I am never coming to visit you.

Quoting bmw29:

At least it wasn't this monster. This one was in my yard in July, I'm still scared.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM

orb weavers?

Quoting birthymom4:

That is NOT a brown recluse ....I just killed a recluse yesterday.

I have a small obsession with arachnids, I would say they may be Orb Weavers.

nikkik526
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Ive seen bigger, im in PA.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM

holy crap.  i'd pass out.  and probably pee.  no joke. 

Quoting bmw29:

In all honesty these scare me more than spiders. :( If you step on this bitch it will make a high pitched squealing noise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Quoting RLT2:

Okay, I'm fairly certain that is a false widow spider, not poisonous- happy- but their bite hurts worse than a wasp-sad.   And that other one doesn't look like a recluse, it's abdomen is shaped wrong. All  the recluse pics I  just looked at, the recluse has a longer oval shaped abdomen. But, it's safe to assume there are all different kinds of them, because hey, spiders are assholes that way!

i don't want anything to bite me.  i've been stung by a wasp once - took my ass right to the ground! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:07 AM

screw having to make this post!  :P

Quoting Anonymous:

Well... screw this post. =)

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:07 AM
I almost died when that thing screamed. I thought I was losing my damn mind. Everyone else thought I was too. LOL I looked it up though and it was not my imagination.

Quoting Anonymous:

holy crap.  i'd pass out.  and probably pee.  no joke. 

Quoting bmw29:

In all honesty these scare me more than spiders. :( If you step on this bitch it will make a high pitched squealing noise.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured