Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

these things are outside my house. :'( - spider pics, i was asked to put a warning-

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and i'm positive they'll eat me in my sleep while hubby is working an overnight.  these particular two are gone, but i know they have friends!  ugggghhh. 

does anyone know what they are?

EDIT   didn't see a diamond anywhere on the black one.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Replies (191-200):
RLT2
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting birthymom4:

It is also not a male black widow. The below is, and they are SUPER rare to see.

What size is the black spider (In comparison to a coin)?

Yeah well, they don't tend to last too long after the deed

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM

ahahaha i saw one of thse in the middle of the night before knowing what they were - did NOT go well!  back home they're sprickets.  i swore it was a devil version of a cricket that got busy with a spider.

Quoting bmw29:

We also get these a lot and they scare the shit out of me. They love the bathtub and will jump out of that bitch when you're taking a shit and stuck. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM

tehehehe.

Quoting Anonymous:

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Wolf spiders will fuck with you. :/ They will play chicken with your ass for a long time. They usually win with me.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

You are very welcome! Just a simple wolf spider sends me into a panic so I feel your pain! LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

wealth of knowledge!  i feel a little better now though.  thank you :)

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Recluse are found in cool, damp, dark spaces like crawl spaces, under decks, things like that. They are also found in forests (we had to watch out for them when we were in the field during basic) that are damp and cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

he was on my garage door when i closed it.... im not sure if that's open.  i'm glad you don't think it's a recluse though.  lordie.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I am confident in saying it isn't a recluse. I have spiders here that have the fiddle shape as well, that is not exclusive to the recluse. It is highly unlikely that a recluse would be hanging out in the open like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

That brown one is NOT a house spider. It's a recluse. I can see the "fiddle shape" clearly in that photo! KILL IT! Stop talking about it & KILL IT!! For God's sake, it's a SPIDER- SQUASH THE DAMN THING!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll see if i can get brave and walk outside.... see if it's still in a heap by my front door.  EEEEK.  the brown one was really flat looking, it was weird.  it looks bumped up in the pic, but it wasn't.

Quoting helema24:

the one on the bottom is a hobo/house spider and completely harmless you should see some of those we get here in fl. the one on th etop looks more like a mimic widow than a real one but as i said in my opp i would need to see the back and tummy (torso) to know!!

Quoting .thatsme.:

Black widow and brown recluse?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM

oh yes, long dead. 

Quoting helema24:

i hope you killed them they do bite and draw blood!

Quoting Anonymous:

i've had two of them INSIDE my house.  i'm assuming hubby had brought them back from iraq somehow.

Quoting helema24:

spider studyehem thest things live where my husband is from and they reach 8 inches and have been found to be up to 10 inches in some places... umm ill take the one you took a pic over those...and for those that dont know its a camel spider!! 

Quoting bmw29:

LMAO I'll keep them away I swear. Those things are NOT supposed to be around here. :( That's some crazy shit from Australia.

Quoting Apollos82:

I am never coming to visit you.

Quoting bmw29:

At least it wasn't this monster. This one was in my yard in July, I'm still scared.

Cpdsptchgrl
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Yup! And they get creaking huge here!!!!!

Quoting bmw29:

Wolf spiders will fuck with you. :/ They will play chicken with your ass for a long time. They usually win with me.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

You are very welcome! Just a simple wolf spider sends me into a panic so I feel your pain! LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

wealth of knowledge!  i feel a little better now though.  thank you :)

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Recluse are found in cool, damp, dark spaces like crawl spaces, under decks, things like that. They are also found in forests (we had to watch out for them when we were in the field during basic) that are damp and cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

he was on my garage door when i closed it.... im not sure if that's open.  i'm glad you don't think it's a recluse though.  lordie.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I am confident in saying it isn't a recluse. I have spiders here that have the fiddle shape as well, that is not exclusive to the recluse. It is highly unlikely that a recluse would be hanging out in the open like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

That brown one is NOT a house spider. It's a recluse. I can see the "fiddle shape" clearly in that photo! KILL IT! Stop talking about it & KILL IT!! For God's sake, it's a SPIDER- SQUASH THE DAMN THING!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll see if i can get brave and walk outside.... see if it's still in a heap by my front door.  EEEEK.  the brown one was really flat looking, it was weird.  it looks bumped up in the pic, but it wasn't.

Quoting helema24:

the one on the bottom is a hobo/house spider and completely harmless you should see some of those we get here in fl. the one on th etop looks more like a mimic widow than a real one but as i said in my opp i would need to see the back and tummy (torso) to know!!

Quoting .thatsme.:

Black widow and brown recluse?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM

i know right?   thank god i'm moving in a few weeks.  NOT so great that i'll be packing up the house.... and dealing with boxes in the garage.  i'm so afraid i don't even know how to talk about it lol

Quoting lovelife350:

Well there is only one thing you can do... Burn your house to the ground and run.

RLT2
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bmw29:

I almost died when that thing screamed. I thought I was losing my damn mind. Everyone else thought I was too. LOL I looked it up though and it was not my imagination.

Quoting Anonymous:

holy crap.  i'd pass out.  and probably pee.  no joke. 

Quoting bmw29:

In all honesty these scare me more than spiders. :( If you step on this bitch it will make a high pitched squealing noise.

Did you feel like Harry Potter with the Dementors? sad  :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM

hmmm.  he's bigger than a quarter.  his body was at least nickel size.  very leggy.  and that one is actually kind of pretty....

Quoting birthymom4:

It is also not a male black widow. The below is, and they are SUPER rare to see.

What size is the black spider (In comparison to a coin)?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM

i'm from that region.  currently in texas.  i can honestly say i'd rather sleep outside on the ground naked back home than inside with a window cracked here. 

Quoting nikkik526:

Ive seen bigger, im in PA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured