Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

these things are outside my house. :'( - spider pics, i was asked to put a warning-

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and i'm positive they'll eat me in my sleep while hubby is working an overnight.  these particular two are gone, but i know they have friends!  ugggghhh. 

does anyone know what they are?

EDIT   didn't see a diamond anywhere on the black one.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Replies (221-230):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM

yeah seriously!

Quoting leanne_7845:

Well, at least you'd know at that point that you killed it!!  LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

my luck i'd light the entire house on fire lol

Quoting leanne_7845:

Harispray (or anything I think) in an aerosol can and a lighter....  Makes a fucking FABULOUS blow torch!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

i took the picture real fast on the black one.... that's probably the issue.  didn't let it focus.  i was very afraid lol

Quoting birthymom4:

Quoting Anonymous:

before he died, he appeared to have some peach fuzz on him.... not 100% sure.  they're iphone pics, shouldn't be TOO bad.  hmmm. 

Quoting birthymom4:
Quoting Anonymous:

orb weavers?

Quoting birthymom4:

That is NOT a brown recluse ....I just killed a recluse yesterday.

I have a small obsession with arachnids, I would say they may be Orb Weavers.

Possibly if so they would be males(Females are up to 8 times larger), but spider identification can be tricky. The pictures are not high quality so that makes it harder LOL

I cannot tell if it is hairy in the picture.

Certain details can make a HUGE difference with spiders... Like the Top picture looks fuzzy to me, and the bottom looks smooth..I Just cant tell for sure.

I am not saying the phones camera is bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:35 AM

i've been keeping my feet up and i'm sitting on a towel in case things are hiding in my couch cushions.  soooo paranoid right now!

Quoting night.magic:

I just jerked my feet off the floor and ewwww damn i hate spiders.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Black widows do not always have a red hourglass on them. The top spider looks exactly like a widow but it may also be a false widow which is not poisonous.. Either way, I would stay away.  Yuck!

night.magic
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Definitely, now I'll be having nightmares of spiders. ewwww

Quoting Anonymous:

i've been keeping my feet up and i'm sitting on a towel in case things are hiding in my couch cushions.  soooo paranoid right now!

Quoting night.magic:

I just jerked my feet off the floor and ewwww damn i hate spiders.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Lol! =)

Quoting Anonymous:

screw having to make this post!  :P

Quoting Anonymous:

Well... screw this post. =)

birthymom4
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

i took the picture real fast on the black one.... that's probably the issue.  didn't let it focus.  i was very afraid lol

Here is my Spider :)

If I am not sure of what type I freak out as well but my DDscarry around spiders, I have to stop them ALL the time...So the whole "run away" thing is NOT an option! I am 100% ok with spiders behind glass, but I want to know where they are... I freak out if they are in my room the most, I am afraid of eating one at night **GAG***

Pregnancy%20ticker

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this
The hourglass would be on the stomach, also there are tons of different species of the widow spider, the false widows or brown widow are actually more dangerous then the black widow. The one op posted looks more like a false black widow. Seriously look them up, its some pretty interesting info you will read.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I thought - but no diamond on it!  All black.  And the males are brown-ish from what I know.

Quoting Tink0711:

Does the black one have a diamond shape on its back? If so it's a widow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegamatic
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Bottom one is a wolf spider. They are harmless. An interesting fact about wolf spiders...they will carry around their babies for quite awhile after they have hatched.

HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Are you in high school? A bunch of people get smart on this sight knowing if they were in person it would be a different story. Yeah you can talk and get smart behind a computer screen good job your big and bad. Nooooooooot lmao
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I am! Problem?

Quoting HotMomma2622:

What a smart ass Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes after I told her too. K thanks

Quoting HotMomma2622:

Ummm she did Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

A freaky spider...put a warning please.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)