Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who hate people on food stamps:

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 270 Replies
9 moms liked this

Would you rather children STARVE? seriously. leave people alone. just trying to feed my kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I get why some people are upset about it.. in some states people get an unreal amount of money.  Right now, because of the D-SNAP last month, i have over a grand on my card and I'm pretty much done with my shopping for the month except to get things we run out of fast like bread.  I never use the full amount they give me ( I coupon) and it rolls over, plus I got DSNAP last month that I got automatically, I didn't even apply for it.

tennisgal
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:23 AM
12 moms liked this

sorry, but the mass population of ladies on here who say, "oh look, I just bought birthday cake and steak with my food stamps b/c i deserve it." pretty much ruin it for anyone who is actually just trying to get by. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:23 AM
9 moms liked this

Oh.....so it's always starve? Maybe they just want people that are able to work to, IDK, support their kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Yea, but people don't choose how much they receive.  The state looks at their info then sets an amount based on that.  In my state, it's really not that much unless you have next to no income.  I'm out of a job at the moment, so we get almost 800 a month, but I also have four kids, so that ups it as well.  Generally the more people you have, the more assistance you get.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I get why some people are upset about it.. in some states people get an unreal amount of money.  Right now, because of the D-SNAP last month, i have over a grand on my card and I'm pretty much done with my shopping for the month except to get things we run out of fast like bread.  I never use the full amount they give me ( I coupon) and it rolls over, plus I got DSNAP last month that I got automatically, I didn't even apply for it.

beerabitch69
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM
6 moms liked this

SERIOUSLY.............if YOU don't ANNOUNCE it No One would know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

And I'm out! You ladies have fun with this!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Ehhh....yea, kind of.  I've funded birthdays w/ FS during hard times, but nothing huge, usually just a cake and frozen pizza.  Steak can sometimes be a pretty good deal.  I'm totally OK with people on FS using them to buy nice cuts of meat.  It's healthier than eating the cheap stuff.  

Quoting tennisgal:

sorry, but the mass population of ladies on here who say, "oh look, I just bought birthday cake and steak with my food stamps b/c i deserve it." pretty much ruin it for anyone who is actually just trying to get by. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I have 3 kids, divorced and am looking for work and am a full time student.  I get child support so I don't even get the max amount and I still get that much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, but people don't choose how much they receive.  The state looks at their info then sets an amount based on that.  In my state, it's really not that much unless you have next to no income.  I'm out of a job at the moment, so we get almost 800 a month, but I also have four kids, so that ups it as well.  Generally the more people you have, the more assistance you get.  

Quoting Anonymous:

CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Quoting tennisgal:

It bugs me,too when people buy $60 and $70 birthday cakes with food stamps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN