Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People who hate people on food stamps:

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Would you rather children STARVE? seriously. leave people alone. just trying to feed my kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
KeepJeep
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM
3 moms liked this
I have never seen a post like this on cm. Thanks for the new material.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM
5 moms liked this

If they did away with fs I doubt you would let your children starve. You would figure out a way to feed them through working and earning money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Or maybe I'm just better at hitting sales than a lot of other people who are on FS.  There's no way I can spend that much unless I'm feeding the whole extended family on Christmas.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have 3 kids, divorced and am looking for work and am a full time student.  I get child support so I don't even get the max amount and I still get that much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, but people don't choose how much they receive.  The state looks at their info then sets an amount based on that.  In my state, it's really not that much unless you have next to no income.  I'm out of a job at the moment, so we get almost 800 a month, but I also have four kids, so that ups it as well.  Generally the more people you have, the more assistance you get.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I get why some people are upset about it.. in some states people get an unreal amount of money.  Right now, because of the D-SNAP last month, i have over a grand on my card and I'm pretty much done with my shopping for the month except to get things we run out of fast like bread.  I never use the full amount they give me ( I coupon) and it rolls over, plus I got DSNAP last month that I got automatically, I didn't even apply for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:29 AM

We are about to apply for food stampts b/c my husband got laid off. People can hate on me all they want I'm feeing my child.

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM
I don't mind helping people who need it. It's the people that don't want to get a job or a better job and get off the system that bother me. Just being honest. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Dolly
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM

we dont have food stamps in canada. if you want help with "your groceries" you go to the food bank..... which  they collect food donations from others. most of it is stuff families dont want. (like canned goods cereal... and if your lucky meat on a stick. most times the produce is about to go bad... thats just what I was told my my friends who had to get stuff from the food bank...

illinoismommy83
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:35 AM

But... they can't use the FS card at the fancy cake shops so they "suffer" and have to settle for the grocery store cakes. LOL. Yeah, my daughters and I went to a FS birthday party in June for DD1's friend. It was a great party... I haven't had that quality of steak in years. They get cash assistance too so we had lots of beer at the party. Mmm, tasty FS party.

SMH.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting tennisgal:

sorry, but the mass population of ladies on here who say, "oh look, I just bought birthday cake and steak with my food stamps b/c i deserve it." pretty much ruin it for anyone who is actually just trying to get by. 

It bugs me,too when people buy $60 and $70 birthday cakes with food stamps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Because I have FS my son can't have a cake?

And BTW my local grocery store makes the most fantastic custom cakes and FS pays for it and less than half the price of the speciality shops.  I love the cupcake cakes with whipped icing.  I only get one cake for my sons though, they have the same birth day (different years) so the poor dears have to share. oh nos!

Quoting illinoismommy83:

But... they can't use the FS card at the fancy cake shops so they "suffer" and have to settle for the grocery store cakes. LOL. Yeah, my daughters and I went to a FS birthday party in June for DD1's friend. It was a great party... I haven't had that quality of steak in years. They get cash assistance too so we had lots of beer at the party. Mmm, tasty FS party.

SMH.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting tennisgal:

sorry, but the mass population of ladies on here who say, "oh look, I just bought birthday cake and steak with my food stamps b/c i deserve it." pretty much ruin it for anyone who is actually just trying to get by. 

It bugs me,too when people buy $60 and $70 birthday cakes with food stamps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM
2 moms liked this
I never knew about food stamps until I joined CM. True story.
skeletor1017
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this

The only people I look down on for using PA are the people, like my SIL, who openly admit to purposely not working so that they receive more benefits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured